Matchday Programme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matchday Programme

I have not bought one for years but on Saturday somebody gave me a spare copy and I have to admit it was a very decent read and so much improved from a few seasons ago

How much isit these days ? Dont think ive bought one since the days of Michael whale , Buxton ,Signy etc
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

As I rarely attend games I buy it every time, kind of a reflex reaction I guess, but I often end up not reading it at all or reading very little during the interval and that's it.
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
        How much isit these days ? Dont think ive bought one since the days of Michael whale , Buxton ,Signy etc
        £3. I bought one on Saturday, the girlfriend put it in her bag and I haven't looked at it since!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
          £3. I bought one on Saturday, the girlfriend put it in her bag and I haven't looked at it since!
          The programme or the girlfriend.

Comment

I do have one programme that might accumulate value over the years to the point of it becoming a collector's item although I was not thinking of that when I bought it. It should be dated September 1st 2007 if memory serves me right, dedicated to Ray. So much happening in the few days leading to that match with Southampton. When I was flying in I was half-thinking this would be the last QPR match I will ever attend if we folded. But then came the half-time announcement.
            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Its got a lot more pages but hardly any real content. Thought Michael Whale was a really good writer and worth buying it for alone, plus old Derek stato. But in the internet, news now era its really just for tourists to say they have been to a match, be surprised if any hardcore fan read much in there that would be a revelation, just a few cliches from the manager and reports on the under 12s etc and lots of pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                The programme or the girlfriend.
                lofl!!!

Comment

buy it every week, few of my mates takes the **** but the old man used to buy me them as a kid and i still have all of them so it just became habit

sometimes have a quick flick through the interviews etc but generally gets put it in a box with the rest of em as soon as im home lol

Comment

I've been buying them for the last 24 years until this season. For some reason they've stopped selling them in the ground so on the first game of the season I missed the sellers outside and couldn't get one inside. I've not bothered since and to be honest, it was the push I needed. They get flicked through and then stuck in a box to never be read again so it's saving me around £70 a season to not bother now!

Comment

get akutr's instead!!

Comment

just started buying it again, £3 well spent
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by BronxQPR View Post
                          get akutr's instead!!
                          Been buying it since the start, but it's a but like the programme now, quick scan through it on match day, then left on the bedside table meaning to have a read @ night, stays there a week or so THEN SHE FILES THEM UNDER N2BSA .........

( Apologies to Dave Thomas & his long list of contributors ! )
                          "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                          For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

I would never buy a programme when I first started going to games on a regular basis with my mates. However I get programmes now due to the fact that when my mates start talking about the games we have been to in the past half of them I can't remember due to having a good time, so I now get programmes just to remind me that I been to the game.
                            My old man was the star player for HMP Parkhurst during their successful and unbeaten 77/78 season.

Comment

Just a quick plug my fellow R's loving amigos.

Please "Like" this facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/QPRProgrammecollector

Also a facebook group here; https://www.facebook.com/groups/426252334147919/

Some good old programmes there and good place to chat about era's and matches gone by.

Comment

Working...
                              X