A good result

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good result

A clean sheet away at Wigan is an achievement for any team in the Championship. Despite their pretty poor start to the season, Wigan have got one of the strongest squads and I expect them to be in the playoffs come the end of the season.
    One issue that is slightly worrying me is the fact that we really can't seem to score many goals. I'm not having a pop at Charlie Austin but I think a fully fit Andy Johnson is a better striker. Hopefully Harry will start AJ against Derby

Great result, but they were deffo there for the taking. Burnley and liecester would of beaten them tonight imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Great result, but they were deffo there for the taking. Burnley and liecester would of beaten them tonight imho.
      I'm not so sure. Wigan really need to start concentrating on the league rather than playing their better players in the Europa League. I'm certain they'll start climbing up the league pretty soon and Burnley will start dropping points. I see Leicester as a bigger threat to the championship title. They've got a stronger squad

Comment

Great away point......one defeat in 13! Good stuff!
        Last edited by twranger; 31-10-2013, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Well happy with a point at wigan.

Comment

Any away points are great.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
              Any away points are great.
              exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                Well happy with a point at wigan.
                If you had been here you wouldn't be.Poor bryond belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Exactly,our negative play,lack of strikers,this boring 451 system will not get us promoted,sorry to burst the "what a great result"posters bubble

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                    Exactly,our negative play,lack of strikers,this boring 451 system will not get us promoted,sorry to burst the "what a great result"posters bubble
                    Everyone last season complained about redknapp only playing 442 and being boring, now 451 is boring.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                      If you had been here you wouldn't be.Poor bryond belief.
                      The perennial divide on this forum. Wasn't there so I'm less pi ssed off that I would be if I were there.

Comment

At least we are going to give somebody a real drubbing soon,apparently!,by the way 2-0 isn't a drubbing

Comment

In isolation you could argue a half decent result

BUT! Look at it alongside 3 away games on the spin resulting in 2 points; one game against a poor side in Millwall who weren't in form, one against a team in Europe with fixture congestion and a GK making his debut AND one huge game against a team many consider to be "top places rival"
                          NOT GOOD AT ALL!!

I console myself we won't get relegated but promotion looks way, way off
                          If Niko is out for a month then forget it!!
                          I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

Originally posted by LBLOCK View Post
                            In isolation you could argue a half decent result

BUT! Look at it alongside 3 away games on the spin resulting in 2 points; one game against a poor side in Millwall who weren't in form, one against a team in Europe with fixture congestion and a GK making his debut AND one huge game against a team many consider to be "top places rival"
                            NOT GOOD AT ALL!!

I console myself we won't get relegated but promotion looks way, way off
                            If Niko is out for a month then forget it!!
                            Mr Positive arent you!

Millwall - London derby, form goes out the window. We were 30 seconds from the win
                            Burnley - bad day at the office vs a team on fire
                            Wigan - fixture congestion wont have had a huge effect so early on in the season. Good result, had chances to win it

Comment

We were pony and our centre half's had more of the ball at their feet than our centre forward did. We have very poor midfield who lack creativity. we miss young carroll who moves the ball forward quickly. We need to have a look at how we are going to score more goals.

Comment

Working...
                              X