Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

its a sad time for watrb's forum..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a serious note, rather than concentrate on the negatives for a while, perhaps we could try to attack the problems from a different angle.

Not exactly towing the party line here I know, but rather than certain posters insisting on holding the view that there is some sort of "us and them" divide, maybe those posters who feel they have genuine grievances can PM me with their ideas on ways to improve things. Obviously, I can't promise to do anything other than to take note of the serious suggestions and ensure that they are at least given consideration by the team as a whole. At least we can be seen as making a serious attempt at working together to iron out some of the little niggly issues that cause some unrest.

I can only speak for myself, but if anybody on here thinks that my fellow members of the moderating team are anything other than really genuine and good guys, then I would have to disagree with you.

Personally, I am happy to do whatever I can in order to get this place buzzing again, but to give you an example, we cannot have a forum where people feel that posters should be allowed to simply say whatever they like in the name of free speech on the one hand, then start demanding that people like Marshy are banned, or accuse people of supporting Fulham if they hold a differing view, on the other. Just not workable.

Comment

• can we have a 'posters wives/gilfriends/boyfriends' section ala razzel or knave please brights!
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

• Well you can start with the swearing filter and maybe incorporate that idea posted earlier whereby those with more "fragile sensibilities" (Deeps, TW etc) can opt out of the more adult orientated language. That would be a start. Stuff the advertising revenue stream for prizes and charity, lets have a forum that isnt so ....... clean and disinfected i suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
          Well you can start with the swearing filter and maybe incorporate that idea posted earlier whereby those with more "fragile sensibilities" (Deeps, TW etc) can opt out of the more adult orientated language. That would be a start. Stuff the advertising revenue stream for prizes and charity, lets have a forum that isnt so ....... clean and disinfected i suppose.
          Exactly what part of that post was a PM to Brighton?.........

Comment

• bit harsh on tdubya blocks as by all accounts after a couple of rum punches he's a real hoot!!!!
            you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
              Exactly what part of that post was a PM to Brighton?.........
              erm... none of it? whats it got to do with you Pierre? looking for a promotion to modship? or just generally poking your French stick in? Too many Head Boys on the site lately...
              Last edited by vblockranger; 24-10-2013, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                bit harsh on tdubya blocks as by all accounts after a couple of rum punches he's a real hoot!!!!
                Yer i bet he's a ****ing party animal! :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                  On a serious note, rather than concentrate on the negatives for a while, perhaps we could try to attack the problems from a different angle.

Not exactly towing the party line here I know, but rather than certain posters insisting on holding the view that there is some sort of "us and them" divide, maybe those posters who feel they have genuine grievances can PM me with their ideas on ways to improve things. Obviously, I can't promise to do anything other than to take note of the serious suggestions and ensure that they are at least given consideration by the team as a whole. At least we can be seen as making a serious attempt at working together to iron out some of the little niggly issues that cause some unrest.

I can only speak for myself, but if anybody on here thinks that my fellow members of the moderating team are anything other than really genuine and good guys, then I would have to disagree with you.

Personally, I am happy to do whatever I can in order to get this place buzzing again, but to give you an example, we cannot have a forum where people feel that posters should be allowed to simply say whatever they like in the name of free speech on the one hand, then start demanding that people like Marshy are banned, or accuse people of supporting Fulham if they hold a differing view, on the other. Just not workable.
                  Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                  erm... none of it? whats it got to do with you Pierre? looking for a promotion to modship? or just generally poking your French stick in?
                  Rien .... mais je peux lire.....

Comment

• Personally i find it a tad annoying ,that we arn`t meant to talk about hooliganism at matches ,because love it or hate it ,its something that that happens occasionally ,and affects you if you attend matches. (And we are all adults after all , surely there can be an opt in/out option ,for those who arent interested ,then they wont feel the need to join the thread and start tut tutting. )

Maybe have an adults section , ( sorry if this has already been muted ,but i have to admit i havnt read all 11 pages ,so far. )
                    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
                      Rien .... mais je peux lire.....
                      Like i said..too many Head Boys.

Comment

On a serious note, rather than concentrate on the negatives for a while, perhaps we could try to attack the problems from a different angle.

Exactly this

we need to start thinking about what we should do to promote our club to the world once after we get promoted to the PL

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
                          Personally i find it a tad annoying ,that we arn`t meant to talk about hooliganism at matches ,because love it or hate it ,its something that that happens occasionally ,and affects you if you attend matches. (And we are all adults after all , surely there can be an opt in/out option ,for those who arent interested ,then they wont feel the need to join the thread and start tut tutting. )

Maybe have an adults section , ( sorry if this has already been muted ,but i have to admit i havnt read all 11 pages ,so far. )
                          Adult section doesnt seem to work Vesp and has already been tried. How about a kiddie and left wing liberal section? send them lot off the corner for a change? Football and football fans arent PC no matter how others want to potray them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                            bit harsh on tdubya blocks as by all accounts after a couple of rum punches he's a real hoot!!!!
                            Don't need the rum punches or any alcohol for that matter F..........!

Comment

Hang on just a minute Brights - as much as I agree with your post and your sentiments - I draw the line at any slight suggestion that the Marshy being banned and just not workable bits go hand in hand. Maybe Marshy and just not workable is a usable sentence but when you make the fundamental change to what you have written I'm afraid it really just isn't workable (enough smileys to emphasise my feelings?)
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• Originally posted by bonheurjh View Post
                                Exactly this

we need to start thinking about what we should do to promote our club to the world once after we get promoted to the PL
                                You mean like bringing in a washed up Asian player just for the benefit of marketing and the "brand" of the club?

Comment

Working...
                                X