We are not as good as we think we are

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are not as good as we think we are

Some on here predicting 4-0 win today,we will be there or there abouts end of season but anyone expecting us to "be 10 points clear " by January ( so Defoe will sign !!!)is deluded,we won't walk this division and expect many more days like today

Ok

Comment

The Nay Sayers... They always return at this club, even when we haven't lost yet
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
        Some on here predicting 4-0 win today,we will be there or there abouts end of season but anyone expecting us to "be 10 points clear " by January ( so Defoe will sign !!!)is deluded,we won't walk this division and expect many more days like today
        Not losing away? I'll take lots of those please.

You're arguing against a handful of silly throwaway comments that the vast majority would cringe at, not agree with. Most of us have far more realistic notions about our current position and performances.

Comment

There or thereabouts is fine by me...

Comment

I'd take your hand off for the season to finish today,2nd place would be fantastic,but not sure about this one man up front thing,maybe time to play 2 strikers.Not the end of the world today,actually predicted a draw but just the way we lost the 2 points very frustrating.4 very tough games coming up,if still 2nd at the end if then I'd be delighted.

Comment

This league anything can happen.
              We are still unbeaten with a game in hand.
              There will be a few more downers this season than today.
              73% possession away from home in 1st half.

2nd in League, nothing to moan about.

Comment

"Moan about",not be( this time anyway),just think/know we are in for a hell of a fight if we are to be promoted,but with the prayers we have,promotion,whether 1st 2nd or play offs has to be our goal,failure to do so would be a huge letdown.yes we are still in a good position and unbeaten so I'm not moaning

Comment

not sure who was thinking 4-0. we haven't managed more than 2 goals in a game so far.

look... it's a tough league. we're doing well, but we need to keep doing that and avoid complacency (look at how easily blackpool have fallen away). we've only played one team in the current top half so far (yeah... part of the reason that some teams are bottom half is that they haven't picked up any points from us) and there's at least a couple of teams who are performing as well as we are doing.

given previous games against millwall, i would have taken a point before the game... so in a weird way, feeling robbed doesn't feel as bad as it could do

Comment

The end of the day, we didn't lose.
                    But what does worry me is that if we conceded 2 goals, could we score 2 or 3 in reply?
                    Really think as well that main priority in Transfer Window we need to go all out for another Goalscorer.

Comment

We Played well just went defensive twice and they scored twice.millwall were lucky to get a point at home
                      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

End of the day we slipped up.
                        But we didn't lose, there will be a few of our rivals this season that won't come away with 3 points either.

Comment

Some on here predicting 4-0 win today
                          Really? Who was that?

anyone expecting us to "be 10 points clear " by January is deluded
                          Again, who's ever said anything like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                            Really? Who was that?

Again, who's ever said anything like that?
                            Andros Townsend did tweet the other day that we look like being promoted by Xmas .

Comment

Did you go?

Comment

Working...
                              X