New Remakes Of The 'Guinness' Shirts From The 80s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Remakes Of The 'Guinness' Shirts From The 80s

Recently I have been in contact with a new company called 3in1Football (see link included) who are making extremely accurate replicas of classic football shirts, complete with all sponsor and manufacturer logos asking them if they would consider issuing remakes of the home Guinness shirts from the 80s as I'm not a huge fan of the Score Draw replicas! They have asked me to ask other Rangers fans whether they would rather see a reissue of the 1983-85 shirt or the 1985-86 shirt as they want to test the market with one before making another! What are people's general opinons?

http://3in1football.miiduu.com
    "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

for me id say the 85/86 , because the club have reissued the 83 shirt albeit without the Adidas logos ,plus we went to Wembley with the 86 shirt .
    At the time i thought the 86 shirt had too much red in it ,and the 88 adidas Holland fly klm shirt is the forgotton classic adidas Rangers kit in classic blue and white hoops ,no red ,no f ucking about.Wicked kit.
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Cheers for the feedback mate, I'll be passing all of this on!
      "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

I'd be up for one (as long as they're big)
        Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
          for me id say the 85/86 , because the club have reissued the 83 shirt albeit without the Adidas logos ,plus we went to Wembley with the 86 shirt .
          At the time i thought the 86 shirt had too much red in it ,and the 88 adidas Holland fly klm shirt is the forgotton classic adidas Rangers kit in classic blue and white hoops ,no red ,no f ucking about.Wicked kit.

Not sure we'd want a reminder of that Wembley appearance! The 1983 League 2 Champions shirt would be my choice
          22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

The kit worn for the 86 milk cup final (although horrible memories) would be fave.

Check the kit here https://www.facebook.com/QPRProgrammecollector

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
              The kit worn for the 86 milk cup final (although horrible memories) would be fave.

Yeah mate that's one of the two shirts being considered!

Comment

1983-85 kit for me and yes, I would definitely buy one!

If these chaps are in any doubt as to whether they should make one, check out the price they are going for on this site http://www.classicfootballshirts.co....nship/qpr.html

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                  1983-85 kit for me and yes, I would definitely buy one!

If these chaps are in any doubt as to whether they should make one, check out the price they are going for on this site http://www.classicfootballshirts.co....nship/qpr.html
                  I sent them that very link mate and have been helping them ensure that all detail on the shirt is correct (For example no writing on the scroll at the bottom of the club badge for the 1985-86 shirt etc.)

Comment

just ordered a small one for the new mrsfactmondo........she dont know yet but will looking amazing in it at bedtime!
                    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

anyone know if you could get the playoff final all white top........i loved that one!
                      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                        anyone know if you could get the playoff final all white top........i loved that one!
                        Keep an eye on eBay, one comes up every so often, although very rare.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                            [/B]

What's wrong Dave??

Comment

What's wrong Dave??
                              She's just over come mate. That's spose to be Awe ...nothing wrong pal that shirt is just beautiful/classy/sexy.....it should be labelled a national treasure!!

Comment

Working...
                              X