Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delighted to be winning games however...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delighted to be winning games however...

..this league is pants. All this nonsense about every game is a tough one is rubbish. If we play holliet from the start and play to our potential on a regular basis we should **** this league. Watching motd and then turning on the football league its like watching a different sport. The featured game was like watching Woking.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Beats losing every game and looking sh1t in the prem..

Comment

Agree v and I am enjoying it but you can see why West brom were a yoyo team for ages. We will need to add real quality. The strikers in this division are woeful and I am not taking anything away from our defence and keeper who have been superb but it really is a poor division
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Five in the middle, sure, but at least someone playing on the wing..... Look at today. Replace fans fave Faurlin with Hollett and thereafter move Nico to the middle. JOB DONE!!!!

Comment

JH is struggling with hamstring injuries so is being eased back, after the break he's in.
          Kept the faith!

Comment

We're struggling to break teams apart. What does that tell us?

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
              it tells us teams come and try to park the Bus but we have beaten all of them except brighton. We have kept 8 clean sheets in a row. we havea goal difference of plus 9 , we are second in the league with a game in Hand. we are playing neat attractive one touch football, we have the potential to have a 20 goal striker for the first time in years. We look like a united team.

That tells me we should be happy we should be enjoying the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                That teams are hard to break down. Plus we've not been adventurous enough...

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                  it tells us teams come and try to park the Bus but we have beaten all of them except brighton. We have kept 8 clean sheets in a row. we havea goal difference of plus 9 , we are second in the league with a game in Hand. we are playing neat attractive one touch football, we have the potential to have a 20 goal striker for the first time in years. We look like a united team.

That tells me we should be happy we should be enjoying the moment.

This...

Comment

Yeah, the previous posters have hit the nail on the head.

When a team is successful - winning games, near the top of the table & playing decent football - the opposition realise that before they can think about beating you, they have to stop you. So, buses are parked; playmakers get double man-marked and the tackles go flying in.

All the team can do is keep doing what they're doing and stay focused. During the 2009/10 season, when my 'Spurs qualified for the CL, we lost some stupid games (at home to Stoke; home and away to Wolves, for example), because a few players lost their focus & thought: "Awh, we'll beat these easily" and then, the opposition parked the bus & scored on the breakaway.

As long as the players don't take anything for granted & treat every game with the same attitude, everything will be fine. You don't have to win 5-0 every week, although I'm sure there'll be one or two of those, as the season progresses. At the end of the season, when promotion is assured, no-one will remember these early games as 'struggles'. They'll be hard-earned results, achieved when the team still wasn't firing on all cylinders.

So, don't sweat the small stuff. Just enjoy the wins and read that League table again. The best is yet to come!

Comment

Barnsley were awful yesterday, I didnt once feel they were going to score.

We had no width though, way too congested through the middle. Had Hoilett or Phillips been on the field 1st half, we would have battered them.

BAE needs a winger in front of him, so he can be confident of going on the overlap. He is great going forward but too many backwards/sideways passes from him yesterday. Not his fault though

Comment

Working...
                      X