Barton: QPR blocked l'OM move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
    He may not now no, but does he want to? yes he does, and i think we will see more of these little story's about life in France popping up between now and Jan, or even next summer. Thats not saying he wont give his all for our cause because he will, but make no mistake he wants another go in a big league and at a club in Europe.
    If he keeps playing as well as he has......he could do that with us next year!

Comment

Hmmmmm..... A bit of success and armband action - and Joey's little narcissistic side just pokes it's head over the trenches.

He's much better when he lets his football do the talking. Hopefully that's all we get to see from now on......

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
        If he keeps playing as well as he has......he could do that with us next year!
        Sadly not in Europe though or at a club the size of OM in Frace, remember we are a small club in a very big league ( hopefully) l'OM are massive in a big European league.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
          Sadly not in Europe though or at a club the size of OM in Frace, remember we are a small club in a very big league ( hopefully) l'OM are massive in a big European league
          I would be very surprised if Marseille wanted Joey at all if they were required to actually pay for him....

The loan suited both clubs at the time.

Comment

Doesn't sound as though Tony blocked the deal at all. He just wanted a transfer fee for a player under contract. Isn't that what all clubs do?! If you want a player under contract, you have to pony up, that's the way it works. Tony has handled this very well and the outcome has been excellent for us.
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
              "We had an agreement with l'OM. I talked to Harry Redknapp too. He told me he understood why I wanted to leave and he would not prevent me. But then, the QPR chairman refused to let me leave as free agent.

He asked Marseille to pay a transfer fee and it was not possible. The agreement I had with l'OM was I had to be free agent."

============

I don't understand the highlighted bit. He wasn't a free agent, he was under contract, so why would TF sanction that?
              Originally posted by Jeems View Post
              To get him off the wage bill
              There was no need for TF to do that Jeems because he got his head down, trained hard, played well and bought into the team ethic.

Comment

There was no need for TF to do that Jeems because he got his head down, trained hard, played well and bought into the team ethic.
                I think that is right. Sometimes things get painted with a broad brush. For example all the big money players were flops the club needed to get shot of asap. Which is 100% true in general but but there is no need to throw the baby out with the bath water. Barton spent 9 months challenging for the french title which is very different to those at the club who won 4 from 38. and he bought into the good ethic that evolved during the summer as more and more flops left. and he has delivered too. Good player.

Comment

That was after we blocked the payoff/free transfer. He didnt even turn up to training before that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                    That was after we blocked the payoff/free transfer. He didnt even turn up to training before that.
                    IIRC he only missed the first day back at training after the summer break, but has never missed a day since and is one of the fittest players in the squad.

Comment

IIRC he only missed the first day back at training after the summer break, but has never missed a day since and is one of the fittest players in the squad.
                      as I recall JB said missing that day was just a mistake. Joey has his outbursts but is a pro. He meant what he said at the time about OM and I don't blame him after the way hughes and TF treated him.
                      this was before he had even met harry and I think at first the view was that the status quo applied as to where he wanted to play. nevertheless, JB trained hard, HR said he was picked on merit. TF obviously wanted
                      money if Joey were to go to OM, rightly so because he is a quality asset. things worked out differently, JB has had the desired effect, I have forgiven TF for his part in how JB was treated.

Comment

Working...
                      X