Barton: QPR blocked l'OM move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barton: QPR blocked l'OM move

Joey Barton has revealed he could have "caused problems" at Queens Park Rangers in a bid to secure a move to Marseille.

More...

All fair enough - And fair play to him for working hard.

Also, any people thinking Tony is a Mug can think again.. He stuck to his guns and wanted some money for Barton.

Fair play, we kept a good player here!!

Comment

Respect for him for knuckling down and giving his all......reckon the good reception he got from our fans V Wednesday helped a lot as well.

Comment

"We had an agreement with l'OM. I talked to Harry Redknapp too. He told me he understood why I wanted to leave and he would not prevent me. But then, the QPR chairman refused to let me leave as free agent.

He asked Marseille to pay a transfer fee and it was not possible. The agreement I had with l'OM was I had to be free agent."

============

I don't understand the highlighted bit. He wasn't a free agent, he was under contract, so why would TF sanction that?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
          "We had an agreement with l'OM. I talked to Harry Redknapp too. He told me he understood why I wanted to leave and he would not prevent me. But then, the QPR chairman refused to let me leave as free agent.

He asked Marseille to pay a transfer fee and it was not possible. The agreement I had with l'OM was I had to be free agent."

============

I don't understand the highlighted bit. He wasn't a free agent, he was under contract, so why would TF sanction that?
          To get him off the wage bill

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post

============

31 or not, Joey's worth money. Cracking player
            Under Les Ferdinand:
            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Well done Tony.
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

He's been doing well so far, toning down his twitter comments and refusing to be goaded on the pitch. Now he comes out with this at this time; what's he trying to do? Looks to me like he's trying to run with the hare and hunt with the hounds. I don't like it, let's hope it's not the beginning of a reversion to what he was before.

Comment

Tony said early that noone was to leave on a free with a pay off, if they wanted to leave they had to cancel their contract and walk for nothing.. Well done Tony imo!

Comment

Not sure how much of this is true, as my understanding was that OM also did not want to pay the wages he was getting at Rangers.

Comment

To be fair the information we know is.

1. We wanted a fee and therefore we was NOT willing to PAY off Barton to go to France on a free.
                      2. We was not willing to PAY Barton half of his final contract to leave QPR
                      3. IF Barton had left QPR on a free then Marseille would have been in a position to offer him the same deal or something slightly less. (Not having to pay a fee can allow the wages to be higher)
                      4. A possible deal was already in place for this.

It all adds up, however TF wanted some cash for him. He wasnt prepared to PAY off Barton to leave and play for someone else.

Therefore it held the deal up and stopped it all together. Furthermore If Barton wanted to go so bad, he would off left his current deal for Free... surely?

Comment

I mean Newcastle paid a 2m loan fee for Remy, with a view to buy in January , so Marseilles could have tried that sort of option but wanted him on a free. stated at the time Barton wouldn't be here at the start of the season but to be fair to him he has knuckled down and is playing like a professional should, does he want to be here though, no, he would rather be in France and can see a move for him in January on the horizon, think this is just the start of a im still interested in a move campaign by Joey.

Comment

Do shut up Joey.....

Truth is no team wanted you enough to pay for you......and you weren't going inconvenience yourself financially...so you now play very well for QPR in the championship.

Keep playing well and you might get a move away.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                            I mean Newcastle paid a 2m loan fee for Remy, with a view to buy in January , so Marseilles could have tried that sort of option but wanted him on a free. stated at the time Barton wouldn't be here at the start of the season but to be fair to him he has knuckled down and is playing like a professional should, does he want to be here though, no, he would rather be in France and can see a move for him in January on the horizon, think this is just the start of a im still interested in a move campaign by Joey.
                            Personally Dont think Joey will leave now.

Big player for us now, especially now the fans are back with him.

Harry will not only need him but want the guy. He's the engine of our team!!

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                              Personally Dont think Joey will leave now.

Big player for us now, especially now the fans are back with him.

Harry will not only need him but want the guy. He's the engine of our team!!
                              He may not now no, but does he want to? yes he does, and i think we will see more of these little story's about life in France popping up between now and Jan, or even next summer. Thats not saying he wont give his all for our cause because he will, but make no mistake he wants another go in a big league and at a club in Europe.

Comment

Working...
                              X