No announcement yet.

QPR's Barca style of play makes the news in Brazil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's not get carried away by beating Middlesboro.

If QPR can play like that in almost every game, them yes, but I still have bad memories of that short spell (4-5 games) under Magilton in 2009, that ended in disappointment and almost certain relegation until Warnock came to the rescue.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      Let's not get carried away by beating Middlesboro.

If QPR can play like that in almost every game, them yes, but I still have bad memories of that short spell (4-5 games) under Magilton in 2009, that ended in disappointment and almost certain relegation until Warnock came to the rescue.

Yeah sure I wouldn't even compare Arsenal with Barca and they have been playing a european style of pass and move football under Wenger for years now so any comparison with QPR after one game is a bit daft.

But I think there are some aspects of Barca that any team can try to follow whatever their budget - how hard they work without the ball for example. They are a team of stars but they do graft in games. Same goes for trying to play some form of possession football as they do which has many benefits.

The tricky part is to adapt any lessons to real life circumstances. I saw Guardiola now at Bayern using wingers for example to great effect in the week vs City. If even he is still trying to adapt and improve to the circumstance of a different club, players, league, country then so should everyone else. Wouldn't want to lose the best bits of English football. Also watched Everton on TV this week and Roberto Martinez using Lukaku to beat Newcastle to a pulp first half - that was great stuff.
      Last edited by zeberdee; 04-10-2013, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X