Charlie austin not been overly impressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie austin not been overly impressed

But I thought saturday was his best game he played , like a centre forward should lead the line held the ball up put presure on the central defenders just whats needed in the Championship if carries on there will be no way back for Bobby Zamora if he ever gets back to fitness

He's missed some sitters, sure, but he puts himself about and looks a good player. He'll miss some, but could easily score 20 odd for us this season. Job done.

Comment

Tbf up until saturday we hadn't been producing that many chances every game. With better service he will start Looking like the player we paid good money for. Imo he has still put a shift in every week and after the likes of zamora and bothroyd leading the line i've been more than happy.
      PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Ah. The thread title might suggest that its Charlie who isn't impressed... Presumedly with the dearth of balls into the box...??

Comment

Originally posted by hooploft View Post
          But I thought saturday was his best game he played , like a centre forward should lead the line held the ball up put presure on the central defenders just whats needed in the Championship if carries on there will be no way back for Bobby Zamora if he ever gets back to fitness
          Your having a laugh? he's played well in every game so far. He's missed some chances but he's working his #### off with one up front having to come short, to get the ball, chase down, run down the channels, we're killing him, i suggest you have a look at the work he's doing for the team, we want him to be target man , get in the box, he can't do it all he needs a partner soon, if he gets injured we're F*****D?

Comment

agree with everything said above. I never expected the workrate he has given nor how strong he is at holding the ball up; when he signed i thought we was simply a goal scorer but he has more to his game then that.

If were being critical he should really have another three or four to his name when you take into considretaion a few of the misses but very impressed so far

Comment

Nowhere near the service from us they he got, and now Danny Ings is getting at Burnley. Simple.
              http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                Your having a laugh? he's played well in every game so far. He's missed some chances but he's working his #### off with one up front having to come short, to get the ball, chase down, run down the channels, we're killing him, i suggest you have a look at the work he's doing for the team, we want him to be target man , get in the box, he can't do it all he needs a partner soon, if he gets injured we're F*****D?
                I agree and dont understand the complainst about him. He has been playing most of the games as a lone striker and or with very few chances being created.

He has a very good scoring record and will score frequently if he gets a decent supply of crosses or if players put him through on goal or at least shoot so that he can pounce on any rebounds.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrod10 View Post
                  Nowhere near the service from us they he got, and now Danny Ings is getting at Burnley. Simple.
                  Burnley have also given up a fair number of goals, so you can't have everything.

Comment

That's right but the point being made is the service to their front men/Austin, and not the overall merits of them as a team
                    http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                      Tbf up until saturday we hadn't been producing that many chances every game. With better service he will start Looking like the player we paid good money for. Imo he has still put a shift in every week and after the likes of zamora and bothroyd leading the line i've been more than happy.
                      This. He's been quality. Real grafter doing a thankless job up top alone.

Comment

I think the lone striker system has put a lot of pressure on him and affected his confidence. I am sure If we start Chevanton with him and with Hoilett and Phillips on the flanks it would be totally diffrent Austin and he will score more goals.
                        Last edited by Yousef; 30-09-2013, 11:15 AM.
                        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                          No not having a laugh I'm not talking about his work rate or running into channels I'm talking about him holding the centre of the attack and putting pressure on the central defenders, he's played mostly alongside BZ so hasn't been asked to do that , against Brum they had 2 great Donkeys at centre half and we gave them oceans of space and never once put either under any kind of a test against Brighton we never got on top of their defence for most of the game saturday he wasn't asked run wide into the channels he left that to other players therefor I thought he had a more complete game for the overall team plan , I'm not complaining about missed chances I'd like to him score more but the most important thing imo is to him do what he did Saturday , just the way I saw it
                          Last edited by dogsrrs; 30-09-2013, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hooploft View Post
                            No not having a laugh I'm not talking about his work rate or running into channels I'm talking about him holding the centre of the attack and putting pressure on the central defenders, he's played mostly alongside BZ so hasn't been asked to do that , against Brum they had 2 great Donkeys at centre half and we gave them oceans of space and never once put either under any kind of a test against Brighton we never got on top of their defence for most of the game saturday he wasn't asked run wide into the channels he left that to other players therefor I thought he had a more complete game for the overall team plan , I'm not complaining about missed chances I'd like to him score more but the most important thing imo is to him do what he did Saturday , just the way I saw it
                            your correct in saying he played with Zamora but he had to do that lazy C***S work, as well and he also did put a lot of wide runs in Saturday, we're asking to hold the ball until others get up to support him which is very hard, I dont think we can critisize Charlie until we start to use him properly? then if he wasn't delivering the goals then we might have something to gripe about? he doing a good job at the moment carrying the attack on his own

Comment

Blokes doing superb. Has got a good amount of goals thus far considering how we play and with him being up front all on his own. He might even get the holy grail of 20 goals if we get a penalty in every game like we have been doing the last couple.

Comment

Working...
                              X