• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Press Conference Notes

Yep Harry was late.... Straight into his brew

Team News:
    - Hoilett will 'Hopefully' be ok
    - Matty Phillips has a problem with his arm but we will see how he is tomorrow
    - Nedum out with his hammy.
    - AJ still out
    - New guy to be in the squad

The new players in, have come in and done the job - Everyone is working hard and gelled brilliantly.
    Surprised Dunne didnt sign for a prem team - Proper happy with this.

Boro
    - Huge test, very hard!
    - SM has done a great job, great coach. Really happy to have him around. (Worked well for him as well, doing what he does best) Im sure he will go back and manage when the opportunity and time is right. Hopefully he we will stay with us this season and move on after.

PD Sacking
    - Shame to see him get sacked, did a great job at Swindon. The players had nothing but good things to say about him at Swindon. The guy just wants perfection. (Maybe he was over the top with one or two players and he should learn that some are quite precious.
    - Not sure on the criticism in public or what he said - But felt he has a lot of good points, good family man and loves his football. He will bounce back.

Joey Barton
    - Studying (Harry was like, what is he studying I dont get it haha)
    - If he wants to study good luck to him, Why would I care. As long as it keeps him on the right track.
    - Been good as gold etc

New Boy
    - Experienced player
    - International
    - Won the Uefa Cup
    - Good player at Sevilla
    - Had him in a few days and took a little gamble with him
    - We are short of strikers. 1 Senior Striker in Austin apart from some kids
    - He will be involved tomorrow and maybe throw him in at the deep end.
    - It wont phase him
    - Sharp guy with good movement and understand the game well.
    - Suarez said he rates him etc. Clever player
    - If he does what he has done in the past - then he will be good
    - Had lots of opportunities in Italy but fancied England.

New Center back? Didn't catch the name but from Scotland or something?
    - Possibility
    - Been looking at him
    - Good reports

Spurs
    - Serious title contenders whether they win or not
    - Fantastic Squad.
    - Lost one great player and brought 6/7 in
    - Tough game for Chelsea but a strong side

The only results I am concentrating on is QPR and the teams around US. Tomorrow is a hard game like any, tough team to beat. Woodgate is a top player..

Scolari and Cesar
    - Cesar will be in the world cup team
    - Green has been great and in the team on performances.
    - If Green continues to play well then he will stay there
    - Cesar is out with broken fingers, good guy and top pro
    - Cesar should have moved really, surprised he didn't.
    - Football is week to week, so who knows what happens. If Rob plays well then he stays there.
    - Cesar COULD play again

Rob Green
    - Came in as a No1
    - Then Cesar come
    - Harsh but two top keepers
    - Left in a difficult position
    - Did world class last Saturday - Top saves
    - Top pro
    - Didn't rule out him playing for England again
    - Most the top clubs have foreign keepers

Thanks for posting

Comment

HR press conference from twitter

HR - Junior will hopefully be okay. Other than that, we're pretty much okay.
      HR - Matt Phillips has had a little bit of a problem with his arm, but we'll check on him tomorrow.
      HR - The results have been good and the atmosphere around the place is really good.
      HR - Dunne has been amazing, but you don't have to be a genius to know he was going to be a top signing.
      HR - It was a no brainer deal for us. I was just surprised no one else came in for him from the Premier League.
      HR - The whole group have been fantastic, not just Dunne. The defensive unit have been great for us.
      HR - Tomorrow will be another big test for us to keep another clean sheet. @Boro are a good side and we know we won't have it our own way.
      HR - I've never spoken to Steve (McClaren) about the @SAFCofficial job. I was sorry to see Paulo (Di Canio) go to be honest.
      HR - Steve is enjoying it here and he's been great for us since he's come in, working with myself, Kevin and Joe. We've a good team.
      HR - Am I worried about @Joey7Barton doing a philosophy degree ... course I'm not! I'd rather he does something like that ...
      HR - @JChevanton is an experienced player. I saw him at Seville and he's a top player.
      HR - He's clever, he's sharp, he understands the game. I know Suarez really likes him. Hopefully he can do well for us.
      HR - His attitude has been first class. Hopefully if he does well, he can get a longer deal with us.
      HR - We're short in defence with Nedum out long-term. We've only got Clint and Dunney, so we need a bit of cover there, for sure.
      HR - We've made a great start and we want to continue that, but we know it will be tough tomorrow.
      HR - Rob has started the season and been fantastic. He holds the number one shirt for us. Julio is a great keeper but he's out for 8 weeks.
      HR - I'm sure a top club could come in for him in January - he should be playing at the top level.
      HR - If we continue as we are, Rob will have the shirt for the season, but you never know how football works. Rob's been fantastic for us.
      HR - Rob is full of confidence. He made a couple of world class stops last weekend. He's been absolutely fantastic for us.
      HR - After Joe Hart, he's in a pool of 5 or 6 goalkeepers who will have one eye on the World Cup next summer.
      HR - I like people who have opinions and Rob is one of those. He's a top, top goalkeeper and has been brilliant for us this season.

Comment

If the new boy is match fit, throw him on from the start with Charlie imo.
        We are at home and aint scoring, he won't affect the best defense in the land so what harm could it possibly do?

Comment

So did Harry mention when Hoilett will return?
          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

sounds like tomorrow mate.

Comment

Great work Qpr4life and jmelanie. Nice to read all that info. Two of the best scribes in the business

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                Great work Qpr4life and jmelanie. Nice to read all that info. Two of the best scribes in the business
                hahaha!!

Sat at my desk at work waiting for Harry - Feels rude not to write the notes now!

Comment

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/27...o-1080338.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                    Agreed, thanks for posting it up both of you......very concise and to the point!

Comment

I would rather not to rush Hoilett so as he doesn't pick up another injury. Keep him on the bench and bring him in the 2nd hald If needed.
                      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

if we have hoilett and krancjar match fit playing in advance roles maybe keep the uruguayan "matey" as a sub if we aren't scoring. with better support still think 4-5-1 can work.

Comment

Working...
                        X