Team news - QPR v Brighton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team news - QPR v Brighton

Junior Hoilett and Andrew Johnson are injury doubts for QPR ahead of the visit of Brighton.

Winger Hoilett limped off against Birmingham on Saturday with a slight hamstring problem and striker Johnson missed the 1-0 win over his old club with a knee injury.

Matt Phillips came on for his Rangers debut in Hoilett's place having recovered from a broken arm so he could start.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto was on the bench following his move from Tottenham and will be pushing to make his debut but fellow deadline-day signing Niko Kranjcar is expected to miss out again with a groin problem.

Brighton will be without top scorer Leonardo Ulloa.

The striker starts a three-match ban after he was sent off for a reckless high challenge in Sunday's goalless draw at Reading.

With Craig Mackail-Smith (Achilles) and Will Hoskins (knee) still out, Ashley Barnes will have to lead the line despite having only just recovered from a hip injury.

Andrea Orlandi (knee) is also missing and fellow midfielder Liam Bridcutt (hernia) is unlikely to be risked, but right-back Bruno is fit after a hamstring injury and could be added to the squad along with winger Craig Conway, who has joined on loan from Cardiff.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...view/295921/-?

AJ Injured, who'd have thought !!!!!!!!..
    F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

I'd replace Hoilett (if injured) with Phillips/SWP and Zamora with Henry, play 4-5-1. Bring in Hitchcock on the bench. Despite O'Neill coming inside all the time, would still play him out wide.

Comment

Originally posted by kenthoop View Post
        I'd replace Hoilett (if injured) with Phillips/SWP and Zamora with Henry, play 4-5-1. Bring in Hitchcock on the bench. Despite O'Neill coming inside all the time, would still play him out wide.
        Blimey, just hope Harry is aware of all this tactical stuff!..........reckon you've missed your vocation!

Comment

I'm the king of Football Manager 2006-2013

Comment

whoever is playing lets hope the click together better then on Saturday.

Comment

Reckon a major factor on Saturday was losing the midfield battle. Barton was essentially covering 2 roles whilst Carroll was adapting to the game. Bringing in Henry for Zamora will add a bit of steel plus give us an extra man in the middle of the park, Brighton will press lots!

Comment

Originally posted by kenthoop View Post
                I'm the king of Football Manager 2006-2013
                sounds like it my friend!

Comment

We have another game of lightweight carroll playing as a number 10 just in front of the defensive line.

Comment

Main thing I would say is to get the CM/CD combo back then build around that.
                    Ned----Dunne
                    Barton---Henry
                    Maybe that will change over time but for now they give a solid foundation to the team.

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
                      Main thing I would say is to get the CM/CD combo back then build around that.
                      Ned----Dunne
                      Barton---Henry
                      Maybe that will change over time but for now they give a solid foundation to the team.
                      Exactly this, then if Caroll is to play, stick him in a number10 role in front of barton and henry with pace on the wings (swp, phillis, hoilett when fit) and Austin up top.

-----------------Green--------------
                      ---Simpson-----Ned----dunne-----Clint
                      ----------barton-----henry-----
                      swp-------------Carrol----------Phillips
                      ------------------Austin------------------

Comment

Originally posted by essex View Post
                        Exactly this, then if Caroll is to play, stick him in a number10 role in front of barton and henry with pace on the wings (swp, phillis, hoilett when fit) and Austin up top.

-----------------Green--------------
                        ---Simpson-----Ned----dunne-----Clint
                        ----------barton-----henry-----
                        swp-------------Carrol----------Phillips
                        ------------------Austin------------------
                        yeah with the injuries i was thinking of the same line up as you

Comment

------------------Green-----------
                          Simpson----Onuoha--Dunne----BAE
                          SWP-------Barton--Henry-----Phillips
                          -----------Zamora--Austin----------

Until Kranjcar's fit I can't see us playing one up front, he's the only player we have who can play in the hole. Harry's gone 442 for every game this season and it's worked, it may be a bit boring and scrappy at times but it's worked. Don't think he'll change it until Kranjcar's back.
                          "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                            Benoit Assou-Ekotto was on the bench following his move from Tottenham and will be pushing to make his debut but fellow deadline-day signing Niko Kranjcar is expected to miss out again with a groin problem.
                            http://www.sportinglife.com/football...view/295921/-?
                            all credibility went out the window when i read this, Kranjcar played on monday and was fine.

Comment

He was taken off after sixty minutes though.

Comment

Working...
                              X