No 10 is ours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikiD View Post
    Oh dear. I wont insult you with a history of the majesty of our ball playing wizards wearing the number 10. I was lucky enough to witness it first hand and will savour it for ever more. I have been lucky enough to see our team fight to beyond the end of season to be champions, to see our captain as captain of England. My aspirations are forever at that level. I am not content to take any pride in seeing Kyle Walker or Andros Townsend turn out for England, anymore than grooming another someone else's starlet in the making with our (my??) coveted no 10 shirt.
    I saw Brian Williams turn out in the No10 shirt back in the day..... Given that our third choice keeper is Brazil's first choice and has captained his country it seems the glory days are here again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MikiD View Post
      The rightful owner is just not there yet Dave. Tarrabt fitted the mould but events appear to have proved otherwise. In my opinion, although I hated his old man as a player, Tom Ince has the guile and style? Unless one of our own kids is allowed a break to stake a claim..
      Tom Ince would be a superb no 10 i agree, but he ain't ours. Tbh other than Marsh, Bowles, Wegerle, Byrne and Taarbs .....we have had some ordinary no 10s before. Give this lad a chance

Comment

Comment

Could be worse...

Comment

And award for the most pathetic thread of the week goes too........

Comment

so we should wait till me get another england captain before we give the number 10 out??? not getting your whole point. rubbish.
              PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Sorry to break the mould but I kind of agree with the OP!

Worst of it is, I don't think the young lad wearing the shirt will amount to much
                It's a sad fact in modern day English football that slight ball players like Carroll are bullied out of games
                Different in Spain where a lot more emphasis is on technical players but I just can't see Tom running games for us
                Granted its a view after a fairly turgid 90 minutes from the whole team in a system that don't suit him but I was expecting more. Hopefully my early fears are wrong and I will be on train home from Yeovil saying what a gem we have!!!
                I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

I agree, the kid isn't a number 10. I would have MBia over him based on saturday. Every successful pass he made was backwards, got caught in posession numerous times, passing accuracy was awful and he was far too lightweight. We were lucky that he didn't cost us the game as both of the chances that birmingham should have scored in the first half were his fault.

I thought the job of a number 10 was to create, not to take the ball off the defense and lose it. People get on Zamora's back, but this guy was embarrassingly bad, and i can;t see him coming good unlike Phillips who although he didn't have a great game, you could see he was very talented just not yet match fit. I seriously hope Harry hasn't guaranteed Carrol will play as he will cost us games.

Comment

Originally posted by essex View Post
                    I agree, the kid isn't a number 10. I would have MBia over him based on saturday. Every successful pass he made was backwards, got caught in posession numerous times, passing accuracy was awful and he was far too lightweight. We were lucky that he didn't cost us the game as both of the chances that birmingham should have scored in the first half were his fault.

I thought the job of a number 10 was to create, not to take the ball off the defense and lose it. People get on Zamora's back, but this guy was embarrassingly bad, and i can;t see him coming good unlike Phillips who although he didn't have a great game, you could see he was very talented just not yet match fit. I seriously hope Harry hasn't guaranteed Carrol will play as he will cost us games.
                    Hes not getting any time to gel with the squad then, no?
                    Jesus wept.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      Hes not getting any time to gel with the squad then, no?
                      Jesus wept.

There is a difference between needing time to gel and not being ready.

Phillips showed he is a good player but needs time to learn how the rest of the team played, he was making runs, looking for other players, but you could see that understanding would come. Carroll was just plain awful, he was not even playing in the right area of the park. Harry said he is an attacking number 10, then why was he playing just in front of the defense? I doubt harry would play him as a defensive midfielder as he is very lightweight, he won nothing in the air and his distribution from the back was woeful.

Comment

Hilarious thread

Comment

Originally posted by essex View Post
                          There is a difference between needing time to gel and not being ready.

Phillips showed he is a good player but needs time to learn how the rest of the team played, he was making runs, looking for other players, but you could see that understanding would come. Carroll was just plain awful, he was not even playing in the right area of the park. Harry said he is an attacking number 10, then why was he playing just in front of the defense? I doubt harry would play him as a defensive midfielder as he is very lightweight, he won nothing in the air and his distribution from the back was woeful.
                          I was talking about carroll. His first game for rangers and already hes being written off as awful. Ridiculous imo, give the lad a chance.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

carroll was mediocre to say the least and phillips did nothing v brum . against a better team we would have got beaten , now i dont give a hoot about who wears stans shirt as long as he tries his best in each and every game. i dont get it when i hear players need time to gel ,a good player should be able to slot in to a team . win tackles , complete passes .this is there job whoever they play for. they learn systems in todays game and as long as they are fit there should be no problem

Comment

Working...
                            X