Great summing up piece on Zamora last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great summing up piece on Zamora last night

'Does a job, but that job requires midfielders to break beyond him and into the box. Otherwise there’s no point. Players with his attributes who perform his team-orientated role are almost always criticised by fans. It goes with the territory. But Zamora was a foolish signing and is undeniably well past his best, as shown by the ease with which he was handled by the Swindon defence. Darren Ward was a class act during a loan spell at QPR more than a decade ago and remains far too good for a faded Zamora.'

Rating: 5 (Very generous IMO)

Source: http://www.westlondonsport.com/featu...player-ratings

An even better summary, in picture form for those that struggle with words:

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
        'Does a job, but that job requires midfielders to break beyond him and into the box. Otherwise there’s no point. Players with his attributes who perform his team-orientated role are almost always criticised by fans. It goes with the territory. But Zamora was a foolish signing and is undeniably well past his best, as shown by the ease with which he was handled by the Swindon defence. Darren Ward was a class act during a loan spell at QPR more than a decade ago and remains far too good for a faded Zamora.'

Rating: 5 (Very generous IMO)

Source: http://www.westlondonsport.com/featu...player-ratings
        I think we all accept that he is way way past his best. Some of course just want to abuse him for a lack of effort, commitment, love of the game and so on. The question really is why does HR seem so keen to stick with him? Part of the answer can be found in that summary regarding midfielders breaking beyond him. In order to understand where HR is going with this I think you need to recall his preferred playing style. He likes to play with 2 fast wingers and a mobile midfield that overlaps a second striker but also having a goal poacher right up top. In that set up, a man in that team-orientated role is crucial and it has to be someone who can hold the ball, shield the ball and release the ball to the multiple breaking options around him.
        Thus far, under HR we have not been able to use him in this way which makes him pointless because he holds up/shields without phase 2 happening.
        When fit, Phillips and Hoilett will provide good width and it will require one of the two central midfielders to also join in whilst the other sits. This will be a problem because Henry can only sit and I don't think it is a strength of Barton to go with the overload either. That is however one of O'Neil's strengths so I can see why he was brought in. Obviously, at the moment, Austin is the up top option but I can see why HR would be keen to break the bank for Defoe so Austin could play the Zamora role plus add attacking intent on top.
        If we can get the two wingers fit and add a proper poacher I suspect HR will try and use Zamora for this type of playing style but I am far from convinced that it will work due to Zamora's ineptitude.
        Last edited by Bluehoop; 28-08-2013, 12:25 PM.
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

tbh I will give up any discussion about Zamora. Can't take it anymore.
          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            An even better summary, in picture form for those that struggle with words:

QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Bobby Zamora is a third choice striker for a championship club, and very soon to become fourth choice. Don't know why people are so worried about him. Harry will never pick him unless he has too.

Comment

Assessment of Zamora 5 years ago maybe, but now he doesnt do a job, regardless if there's a lack of runners beyind him.

Facts:

1.) He's a "Target" man who never actually jumps to compete for headers, or if he does only gets about 4 inches off the ground and never wins headers

2.) He struggles to control the balls played into him with any pace

3.) His link up play, when he rarely does control the ball, is very lacking in quality and often gifts posession away

4.) He's scared to look towards the goal, let alone shoot.

5.) He's slow and cumbersome so cant chase or win any ball played beyond him, around him , or in the channels, instead needing balls straight to him (see point 2!!)

6.) Defenders know his game, ie, just try to lean into players. They go down and get FK's or just move away leaving him on his backside.

In Summary, refer to Matty's picture.

Comment

Does a job?

He was poo..r last night.

He didn't jump, lost possession far too easily and even appearedto bottle the challenge for the loose ball outside the area that led to the opening goal.

What use is he to QPR? He should have gone in for his ip in May and come back when fit or not at all.

Comment

there was more than one dodgy player on the pitch last night one of them being Faulin unfortunatly!,
                    he was always a step behind and gave the ball away far to cheaply not happy with that performance at all.
                    Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Originally posted by nuffieldranger View Post
                      there was more than one dodgy player on the pitch last night one of them being Faulin unfortunatly!,
                      he was always a step behind and gave the ball away far to cheaply not happy with that performance at all.
                      True, there were about 8 very dodgy performers last night and 3 mundane ones!

Comment

Working...
                      X