Julio César still unsure where he'll end up at /merged/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
    He played alright in some games, but can't stand goalkeepers that showboat with punches or palming it away, when they can actually catch the ball.
    Wasn't outstanding for us last season yet still gets called up for Brazil.

Actually think he could pick up a wage here and still get picked for Brazil just cos of who he is!!
    Scolari recently said that he wouldn't be afraid to still pick him even if he was playing in the Championship. As for what you said about keepers showboating by punching or palming the ball away - Casillas, Buffon, Valdes and Reina do that sort of thing all the time. I don't think Cesar is a bad keeper. He was superb for Brazil at the Confederations Cup. That said, I don't think we should keep him because of his high wages and i'm sure he'll be gone by the end of the month in any case

Comment

Both Green and Cesar either looked world class or had a complete stinkers when they played for us last season

Comment

Originally posted by sirles9 View Post
        Both Green and Cesar either looked world class or had a complete stinkers when they played for us last season
        But Green has stuck by us, unlike Cesar that could still fight for his place in the team and earn them wages he is being paid!!

Comment

Statistcally the best goalkeeper last season.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
            But Green has stuck by us, unlike Cesar that could still fight for his place in the team and earn them wages he is being paid!!
            No, Redknapp has come out several times saying that Cesar is a top goalkeeper who shouldn't be playing in the Championship and that the club have given him permission to look for a new club

Comment

Simply comes down to the fact that he didn't want to take a pay cut.

Comment

bottom line the two keepers are costing Ł100,000 a week, neither of them are great either, get shot
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

He will be holding out for a loan. its the only way i can see him keeping such a high salary. if QPR hold strong he'll go last minute rather than stay.

Comment

hmmmm... i'm still not sure that wages are the problem here.

napoli were supposed to be interested, but ended up taking pepe reina instead. imho reina is a far better keeper than cesar, but he's supposed to be on Ł110k per week, which is far more than the Ł50-95k per week (depending on who you believe) that we're paying cesar. unless liverpool are paying a massive chunk of reina's wages, napoli could have afforded cesar's wages.

i still think all of this points to cesar wanting to stay in london and that he'll end up at a*senal on deadline day with us subsidising a big chunk of his weekly cost.

Comment

It's not the money, it's the 4 year contract that Cesar wants. I guess that clubs are reluctant to commit to that at his age, even if he is a 'keeper.

Comment

Green's done nothing wrong this season, in fact he's looked pretty solid and commanded his area well. If Cesar stays (which will only because no one is mug enough to meet his wage demands) he must be second choice all the while Green is performing. I would be disgusted if he got in the team ahead of Green and I'm pretty sure that he would not be as good as Green in the Championship owing to the high volume of aerial balls into the box that he would flap at or palm away and also because he cannot kick the ball more than about 20 yards off the deck.
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                          Green's done nothing wrong this season, in fact he's looked pretty solid and commanded his area well. If Cesar stays (which will only because no one is mug enough to meet his wage demands) he must be second choice all the while Green is performing. I would be disgusted if he got in the team ahead of Green and I'm pretty sure that he would not be as good as Green in the Championship owing to the high volume of aerial balls into the box that he would flap at or palm away and also because he cannot kick the ball more than about 20 yards off the deck.
                          Well said you handsome devil.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                            Well said you handsome devil.
                            Sorry Matty, I don't have a cam
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                              Sorry Matty, I don't have a cam
                              Nor do you have frosted bathroom windows
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                                Nor do you have frosted bathroom windows
                                LOFL
                                #standuptocancer
                                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                                X