Ned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack-the-lad View Post
    To me you've read that quite cynically, personally I thin he's saying that he will go where he's told and the 'apparently backs this. He has always maintained he wants to be cb so to think he is suggesting he is a more forward player to me seems ridiculous.
    Maybe so

Comment

Depends how he was asked.

I'm sure he didn't just come out with it, if he did then to me he wants someone to come in for him.

Can't blame him i suppose, we know there is no loyalty.

Comment

This bloke is needed and wanted by the club and will be captain next season (in my opinion).

Comment

This type of newspaper 'interview' should be taken with a large dose of NaCl. He may have said a whole lot more than the direct quotes attributed to him here which could have given context to these morsels, but the paper gets to decide what to print.
          If any slant were to be put on his comments I would favour going with 'It has been said that there are some players here who despite the fact that the club want rid are refusing to budge and are holding on just for the money. I will not be that type of player'.

Comment

No doubt the interviewer probably asked several questions about wanting to be in the Premier League. Surely every player would want too? All it means is he will give that bit more to make sure we get back there.

Comment

I think he will become a top player for us in the next couple of years but I honestly dont think he is good enough at Prem level right now based on his performances last season.

Comment

Always said his best position was CB we brought him as a centre back but none of the managers especially Hughes didnt seem to want to play him there? think he's being honest about wanting to be in the prem, sure he wil be good for us this year had a great game Saturday CARRY on Ned

Comment

Play him up front with AJ and Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                    Oh good, we have another player to hate because of an ambition to play in the top flight.

How dare these mercenary w**kers have career aspirations, and not love the club as much as we do......

Grab the pitchforks people.
                    Doesn't seem to have said anything untoward there.

Prefer to think of the clip that they used to play at the start of videos where he said: "THIS IS MY CLUB NOW"

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
                      Who is panicking? Just saying thats how it comes across, no panic at all my end
                      The thing is, you sound panicky because thats not how it was said.

It clearly said he would only go if not needed. Which is fair dooze haha?!!

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                        This type of newspaper 'interview' should be taken with a large dose of NaCl. He may have said a whole lot more than the direct quotes attributed to him here which could have given context to these morsels, but the paper gets to decide what to print.
                        If any slant were to be put on his comments I would favour going with 'It has been said that there are some players here who despite the fact that the club want rid are refusing to budge and are holding on just for the money. I will not be that type of player'.
                        Bingo.... Unless the paper prints the full interview we cannot pass judgement on one or two excerpts.....Pointless story!!

Comment

I think the problem people have with this attitude is that if you want to play in the premiership, then you better perform week in, week out and get the results that gets us promoted there.

Nothing wrong with having ambition to play top flight football, its how you go about it. Players like Ricky Lambert and Grant holt realised this, that the best way to be playing in the top flight is to up your game and help your team get there.

I like Nedum as a defender, but in all honesty, whenever the ball is at his feat he looks like he hasn’t a clue what to do with it, so suggesting he should play anywhere else on the pitch is ridiculous. He makes a living based on his size and pace, not his footballing ability.

Should show this club a bit more respect IMO.

Comment

The only thing Nedum is guilty of here is perhaps being a little too honest. For me he's one of the ones in our squad with their attitude right, he's also correct about being a better centre half than he is a right back. He'll be with us all season and money is on him being a regular starter in the middle of defence!

Comment

Working...
                            X