Around the ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the ground

Got into the Bush around 12.30pm, and we decided to have a pint in each pub between the station at LR.

WTF everywhere was quiet and subdued apart from O'Neils (full of Weds), had to wait to get into The Green ( only allowed 150 in at a time now so most of the usual suspects missed out), The Defectors wouldn't allow all of us in, The White Horse very quiet and so on.

We thought we'd try it again after the game. Started at The Green (very quiet and warm beer) White Horse half empty (boycott after the Newcastle game maybe?), Adelaide noisy but not its usual boistrous self, then the Conningham and onto the BQ finishing at The Crown & Sceptre.

Considering it was the first home game and we won a pretty bad show alround. Anyone else feel the atmosphere poor?
    22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

its the kipper season old son...hollibobs n all that!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

plastic glasses, sod that
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post
        Got into the Bush around 12.30pm, and we decided to have a pint in each pub between the station at LR.

WTF everywhere was quiet and subdued apart from O'Neils (full of Weds), had to wait to get into The Green ( only allowed 150 in at a time now so most of the usual suspects missed out), The Defectors wouldn't allow all of us in, The White Horse very quiet and so on.

We thought we'd try it again after the game. Started at The Green (very quiet and warm beer) White Horse half empty (boycott after the Newcastle game maybe?), Adelaide noisy but not its usual boistrous self, then the Conningham and onto the BQ finishing at The Crown & Sceptre.

Considering it was the first home game and we won a pretty bad show alround. Anyone else feel the atmosphere poor?
        Should ov come into walkabout got very lively after the game !!!!!!!!

Comment

That's good.......hate noisy, boisterous pubs.......can't hear yourself think!
          Bl oo dy places!!!:angry:

Comment

Originally posted by QPRWEBBIE View Post
            Should ov come into walkabout got very lively after the game !!!!!!!!
            tell us more webbie..
            PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

SW were in there but didn't make a sound, a few rangers in there but just drinking not realising SW were in their and all ov a sudden they started signing at full voice and doing there bouncy bouncy. When they started singing Sheffield is ours, fu*k of Utd Sheffield is ours we counteracted it with west London is ours which led onto were queens park rangers were going to the premier league. There was some light banter but then a few got aggressive which we spilt outside which then there were a few fistie cuffs before the bouncers and then the old bill stepped in to stop.

Comment

cheers webbie.
                PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Boks slowly turning in to the pub to be after.playing some good ska
                  Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                    Boks slowly turning in to the pub to be after.playing some good ska
                    Really ? proper 60s ska or 2 tone ?
                    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post

Buzzing outside the ground

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                        Really ? proper 60s ska or 2 tone ?
                        2 tone mainly vesps,had a few cracks in there last season
                        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

I thought atmos inside the ground was great though.

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                            2 tone mainly vesps,had a few cracks in there last season
                            cheers Van , not usually a pub on my radar , but i might have a look in the Bok
                            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Working...
                            X