Today.................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today.................

Thought that was a good start today against an archetypal Championship style team; Sheffield Wednesday, they wont get promoted, but they wont get relegated either, physically a big team of brutes you know & we have to be ready to deal with that.

Barton was running the show in the first half, for me Hoilett man of the match, they just couldn't handle him, especially in that first half, our midfield stood up to theirs & look, they had a lot of chances, but we had more & we were more dangerous.

Only negative for me was when they brought Shaun Wright-Phillips on near the end, our full backs today were our weakest link IMO, Traore clearly doesn't give a sh!t & we need to get him out the door, Simpson I didn't think had a great debut, but still getting used to things, overall I think people should be happy with today, lots of positives there & a good start for us.

Also have to give a lot of credit to Sheffield Wednesday fans, you just don't see support like that in The Premiership, fantastic support.

Originally posted by KLR View Post
    Traore clearly doesn't give a sh!t & we need to get him out the door
    Whats that based on KLR

Comment

Thought that was a good start today against an archetypal Championship style team; Sheffield Wednesday, they wont get promoted, but they wont get relegated either, physically a big team of brutes you know & we have to be ready to deal with that.

Barton was running the show in the first half, for me Hoilett man of the match, they just couldn't handle him, especially in that first half, our midfield stood up to theirs & look, they had a lot of chances, but we had more & we were more dangerous.

Only negative for me was when they brought Shaun Wright-Phillips on near the end, our full backs today were our weakest link IMO, Traore clearly doesn't give a sh!t & we need to get him out the door, Simpson I didn't think had a great debut, but still getting used to things, overall I think people should be happy with today, lots of positives there & a good start for us.

Also have to give a lot of credit to Sheffield Wednesday fans, you just don't see support like that in The Premiership, fantastic support.
      I thought Simpson was excellent today, really played well defensively and got up the pitch well too.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Erm.....................his diabolical attitude & non committal performances ?

Both Clint Hill & Karl Henry were digging him out today, got to get rid of all the bad attitude, Dr Dre Headphone brigade if you want to get out of this league.

Comment

Fair enough, he wasn't making basic mistakes like Traore, but wasn't "fluid" either IMO.

Junior Hoilett was a breath of fresh air for me today, MOTM & Sheffield Wednesday couldn't live with him for large parts of the match today.

Comment

Erm.....................his diabolical attitude & non committal performances ?

Both Clint Hill & Karl Henry were digging him out today, got to get rid of all the bad attitude, Dr Dre Headphone brigade if you want to get out of this league.
            Must have missed that then as he was caught out a few times but I personally don't think his attitude was in question. Got up and down the pitch and got back behind the ball albeit did get caught ball watching two or three times

We all see it differently

Comment

I thought traore did ok today..it appears that win lose or draw there has to be a scapegoat.

Comment

Not a scapegoat, but if someone is making basic positional errors because they don't give a sh!t, then I'm not going to ignore that & good to see the likes of Hill & Henry weren't prepared to ignore it either.

Comment

How can you tell he doesnt give one. Hill was given a torrid time by their big lump up front, constantly bailed out by need.

But he is one of the untouchables I guess

Comment

A fit Dunne will deal with the brutes.

Comment

Anyone would have been giving a torrid time by that big lump, its the Championship.

Traore cares about as much for QPR as Bosingwa did.

Comment

Anyone would have been giving a torrid time by that big lump, its the Championship.

Traore cares about as much for QPR as Bosingwa did.
                        Not true and I have had that from the horses mouth.

Comment

Not a scapegoat, but if someone is making basic positional errors because they don't give a sh!t, then I'm not going to ignore that & good to see the likes of Hill & Henry weren't prepared to ignore it either.
                          How are you gonna suggest that he doesn't give a sh!t, are you his therapist to be able to get into his mind and see what he was thinking. We always knew he wasn't great defensively or positionally but that doesn't mean he doesn't care KLR.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

That was one of the pluses for me, he was excellent in his appearance, surprisingly strong on the ball and played a lovely cross into the box at one point

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              How are you gonna suggest that he doesn't give a sh!t, are you his therapist to be able to get into his mind and see what he was thinking. We always knew he wasn't great defensively or positionally but that doesn't mean he doesn't care KLR.

People have good games they have bad ones. He got caught out few times not because he don't give a s hit just because he gets caught ball watching. KLR think your miles away from the target on this one, question his performance not a problem but really cant see how you can question his effort/attitude based on his getting caught out a few times

Comment

Working...
                              X