Barton offered last chance Marseille move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barton offered last chance Marseille move

QPR could end up with Joey Barton whether they like it or not after Marseille handed the midfielder a take-it-or-leave-it offer that would slash his pay by more than half.

The man on loan to the French giants last season has a permanent deal on the Stade Velodrome table, but would have to accept close to £25,000-a-week rather than almost £70,000, which he negotiated when signing for Rs two years ago.

Read more: Fulham Chronicle http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/lon...#ixzz2a9lKHLSi

It's clear Marseille aren't fussed, which is a shame for us. 70k a week. Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by Felt View Post
      It's clear Marseille aren't fussed, which is a shame for us. 70k a week. Christ.
      Unless it had a wage reduction relegation clause, but knowing the inexperienced Beard I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Felt View Post
        Over a quarter of a million quid a month on just one player...that doesnt want to play for us. I'd stay and keep taking the money!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
          Unless it had a wage reduction relegation clause, but knowing the inexperienced Beard I doubt it.
          Was Beard here when he signed.

Comment

But a source close to Marseille said the player who arrived back for the start of Rangers’ pre-season training two days late was anything but a priority for them.

“The club has a number of players it wishes to sign ahead of Barton,” added the insider.

“He did well for the club last season, but it must be remembered he is 30, and a two-year contract, which he seeks, has to be reflected in the Marseille budget.”

Read more: Fulham Chronicle http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/lon...#ixzz2a9n5DNYV

Comment

Lol.

So Joey and his inflated self worth are clearly not in-sync with Marseille's perspective on things.

So. I wonder what Mr "I'm not in it for the money" and his delusions of grandeur will do next........

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
                Yes.

Comment

I really hope he decides to stay (he can make up an excuse he wants).

I think he could be an asset in the championship.

Does anybody know if he is training with the Club. We do know that he met Henry at some point.

Comment

I really hope he decides to stay (he can make up an excuse he wants).

I think he could be an asset in the championship.

Does anybody know if he is training with the Club. We do not that he met Henry at some point.
                    He would definately be an asset if Harry could get him playing.

Comment

Yes, he'd been here for a whole week, so was even more wet behind the ears then.

Comment

I'm so f*ckin sick of barton & his antics! he is robbing a living at QPR but thats another problem within QPR.

Comment

N

Comment

Cr.ap player on a high wage. He will stay I reckon, and anyone who thinks he'll be putting in 100% if he plays is deluded.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Will be glad when this chump has finally left the club.

Comment

Working...
                              X