No announcement yet.

Anyone else concerned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes and im sure we will sign a few with footballing ability, the transfer window isnt shutting tommorow...

We cried out for players with heart and players with heart is what were getting.

So maybe everyone should be careful for what they wish for in future.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
      I am not concerned anymore. I am just numbly resigned to another disastrous season.
      Unfortunately, on a bad day, I can relate to those sentiments but for now I'll hang on to the optimism offered by the aforementioned sunshine & what might happen during the remainder of the trade window. I'm still hoping that Harry & the backroom boys really do know what they're doing & that we'll all be flabbergasted with many awesome performances & a view from the top of table this coming season.

Hey Jack - what was that you put in my coffee again!?!?!:drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        Yes and im sure we will sign a few with footballing ability, the transfer window isnt shutting tommorow...

We cried out for players with heart and players with heart is what were getting.

So maybe everyone should be careful for what they wish for in future.
        I think we cried out for players with heart AND ability actually.

Comment

Originally posted by The Godfather View Post
          I know I'll be accused of being a negative old *******, but I'm not confident at all about this season and I'm really starting to question Redknapp's managerial abilities. The signings of Dunne and Henry hardly me with optimism. When I look at our squad, I see an old, slow, lazy, skill-less set of players. We've got thuggery, which is all very well, but we seriously lack any pace or creativity.

Strikers
          Zamora - Embarrassing striker. Uninterested in play, no pace, no eye for goal. Just appalling. And old.
          Johnson - Will not play more than five games this season.
          Remy - great but probably off.
          Mackie - probably off.
          Taarabt (counting him as a forward) - probably off.

Midfielders

SWP - Old and past his best. Only thing he seems to have done is score the winner against Chelsea and he was even poor in that game.
          Faurlin - Good, skilful player.
          Derry - Old and slow. Maybe got one year left in him.
          Jenas - Old and slow. Tries hard and passes the ball well, but injury prone.
          Granero - Very lazy player who is not as good as he thinks he is. Can't see him handling being kicked by the likes of Sheff Wed/Blackpool/Huddersfield etc.
          Mbia - Clumsy, lazy and doesn't want to be here. No positional sense whatsoever.
          Diakite - Psycho and charges around like a headless chicken.
          Hoilett - Had an absolutely terrible season last year. May improve, but on the other hand may not.
          Henry (probably) - Old, slow, no skill and a nutcase.
          Ephraim - Tries hard, but no strength or crossing ability.

Defenders

Dunne - Old, experienced and fairly reliable. However, slow and injury prone.
          Onuoha - Will be decent at Championship level.
          Hill - Old and slow. Probably still OK at Championship level.
          Ferdinand - useless.
          Traore - good going forward, but woeful defensively.
          Suk-Young - Looked good in pre-season, but no Championship experience.
          Bosingwa - Probably off (thank God!)

Goalkeepers

Green - probably solid at Champ level, but still has potential to make huge errors.
          Cesar - probably off.
          Murphy - seen him once in Carling Cup and wasn't impressed.

This squad will achieve a mid-table finish at best in my opinion. We desperately need strikers and I'm amazed we've left it this late to address our lack of firepower.
          Name me a championship side with a better squad. also you are going off the worst case scenario. You are assuming all of our good players will go but that is just not necessarily the case. do you honestly think taarabt will go if no one wants him. Remy has a rape case so will probs stay. Even the people who try hard, you are negative about like jenas who isn't actually that old by footballing standards. All we need is for them to be good this season, that is what matters. With this squad, i reckon we should be able to really rip the npc a new one. Also as everyone has said so far, we still have a few weeks till kick off and we are being linked with two strikers who are young, english and hungry to perform. we also have the youth players who will all work hard for the team. People like mo shariff and sutherland would be useful in the npc. Also, don't forget that 10 of the players in that squad have been promoted from the npc so they should know what is required and hopefully austin and hooper can add more npc experience to this team
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Strikers
            Zamora - When he pulls his finger out is more than good enough for the division.
            Johnson - Used correctly and rested properly will score a good 15 or so.
            Remy - Class. Still at the club when many expected him to be first out the door
            Mackie - Gone stale for him here. Leaves a Rangers hero
            Taarabt - See Mackie.

Midfielders

SWP - Works hard, will be a useful attribute in this divison.
            Faurlin - Good enough.
            Derry - Many options in his postion, used as a good back up option.
            Jenas - England international who will rival Faurlin for passing ability.
            Granero - Probably off, but has the talent to succeed. All about application
            Mbia - His physicality will be much more useful in this league.
            Diakite - Leaving the club.
            Hoilett - Has looked sharp in pre season. COuld be a big one for him
            Henry (probably) - Captained the most succesful Woves side of the last decade. Their implosion coincided with him losing captaincy to Johnson
            Ephraim - Been a useful squad player before.

Defenders

Dunne - Old, experienced and fairly reliable. Will be used sparingly and is wonderful back up to Hill.
            Onuoha - Will be decent at Championship level.
            Hill - POTS last 2 years in the Prem, should be fine.
            Ferdinand - Hopefully leaving.
            Traore - Will provide a huge threat from the flanks.
            Suk-Young - Constantly improving in pre season. Postive signs
            Bosingwa - Leaving

Goalkeepers

Green - Play Off winner 16 months ago.
            Cesar - probably off.
            Murphy - Solid back up

It depends how you look at things

Comment

Originally posted by The Godfather View Post
              I think we cried out for players with heart AND ability actually.
              I think you'll find that times were so low in the season last year that ALL we were crying out for was heart at many stages.
              But you must of been talking to different fans i was talking to

There isnt alot of heart AND ability in any players anymore unfortunately due to player egos.

Comment

You actually missed out a number of players (just shows how big the squad is)

Young,
                Ferdinand
                and of course Joey (who has not really had an offer to go anywhere).

There are also the young player. I am thinking of the likes of Frankie Jay who scored in the last game, Harriman, Ehmer and Shariff who went on tour. I have a feeling some of these players will make it through to the first team this season.

Comment

Danny Simpson escaped your analysis !

Although we were relegated we very rarely got thumped in the Premiership with these players.

Comment

I'm concerned. With this team we could easily do a wolves, long way to go in the transfer market but if we do it all last min were already a month behind in the season. Doesn't look like Hooper or Austin will be joining (Austin favourites to join Forest today). Not inspired by the Kelvin Henry signing one bit or Dunne but obviously if they prove me wrong then great.

Comment

I said last year we will go down even when we signed all the 'superstars'. Think we will struggle this season. Players currently on the books are in for a shock... We will be a lot of teams cup final
                      http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        Name me a championship side with a better squad. also you are going off the worst case scenario. You are assuming all of our good players will go but that is just not necessarily the case. do you honestly think taarabt will go if no one wants him. Remy has a rape case so will probs stay. Even the people who try hard, you are negative about like jenas who isn't actually that old by footballing standards. All we need is for them to be good this season, that is what matters. With this squad, i reckon we should be able to really rip the npc a new one. Also as everyone has said so far, we still have a few weeks till kick off and we are being linked with two strikers who are young, english and hungry to perform. we also have the youth players who will all work hard for the team. People like mo shariff and sutherland would be useful in the npc. Also, don't forget that 10 of the players in that squad have been promoted from the npc so they should know what is required and hopefully austin and hooper can add more npc experience to this team
                        lol bless im. He should be out on his bike playing with his mates instead of on here...

Comment

desperatly need a goalscorer, also a lot that were woeful must improve this season. i don't rate rednapp he had a long time to get the squad going last season and it didn't happen, he's had his best days ,i hope he proves me wrong

Comment

I'm quite concerned with the signing of Henry to be honest, it doesnt make sense on so many levels IMO.

If our squad looks like it does now at the end of August, then yes I'll be very very worried as to how the season will go.

However, we are in July and 85% of deals happen from the last 2 weeks of August onwards. Harry will bring players in and a number of our current players will go- I'm sure of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                              Plenty of time left yet to get rid of players. If with a week of the window left we still have all those names down then I'll be a little concerned. Until then I'll enjoy the sunshine we are getting.
                              Torrential rain where I am.

Comment

still a better squad than when we went up last time. get a cple in and out and we will finish in top 6.
                                PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Working...
                                X