FERNANDES just tweeted players in and out tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
    Can't you put a sock in it. Tony is our chairman and he is staying our chairman. He cares about the club and is doing the best he can. He also admits that he has made mistakes. If he was to leave we would be in a real mess. Don't say that is his fault because we were in a mess when he came. OK we got into the premiership, but we have/had a ground which is unsuitable for the premiership. Our training facilities are totally inadequate and we had no way of bringing along young players. Tony and the board are trying to change all of this, but if he gets wind of moaners like you, he might just give up, though I do not think he is one to give up easily.
    Lol i dont think he will walk away on account of a minority not believing him. Hasnt blocked me on twitter yet! :-) . You think he cares about the club (i dont) and you forgive him for making mistakes (i dont) and you admit that if he now leaves us after making those mistakes we would be in a mess ( i agree).

Comment

• Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
      The last accounts didnt include the last 2 windows so Samba's fee hasnt been added to it yet.
      So it wouldn't of showed all the sponsorship we have had in that period and PL money's

Comment

• Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
        @vblock

Firstly, the new stadium will either be full of life or soulless dependent upon the supporters. ( Current fans wont fill it, new tourist fans and neutrals like Fulham get? no thanks )

Secondly, as TF quite rightly said, there are league one clubs with bigger capacities than ours, hence the need for a new ground if we are to grow. (True i am just concerned about multi use venue they have in mind and its capacity)

Thirdly, there are four shareholders owning the club, not just Tony. (Good point...one of them should take over sharpish!)

Fourth, when Tony decided to buy into QPR he said he quickly realised we were an undiscovered gem. (lol did he? And Robbie Kean always "realises" he was a childhood fan of whatever club he moves too :-) )

Fifth, I believe he's passionate about our club. Have you seen how he celebrates our goals, and how unhappy he looks when we lose. He's become one of us. (I believe he wants us to win obviously)

Sixth, finally, we have a board that is willing to invest in our club. I would bet almost every fan in the country would love to have our owners.( lol i dont. Bit of a laughing stock of a chairman according to lots of other teams fans. Pumped millions into the club only to admit to "having his trousers pulled down and being a bit naive!" ... Made himself out to look like a bit of a clown tbf.)
        Different perceptions it seems

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRWEBBIE View Post
          So it wouldn't of showed all the sponsorship we have had in that period and PL money's
          Nope..the next lot of accounts should give us a more accurate look of where we are debt wise.

Comment

• I hope TF turns around QPR, not just for the sake of my club but for V Block to finally shut the fu** up!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
              I hope TF turns around QPR, not just for the sake of my club but for V Block to finally shut the fu** up!!
              not trying to impose my view on others (Dazzer) but at the same time others views wont change mine so best for all if opinions are accepted and we just all go to bed.
              Last edited by vblockranger; 12-07-2013, 01:09 AM.

Comment

• @vblock

I know you don't like Phil Beard either and you're not happy with the idea of a multi-use stadium, but consider this:

PB said it's no good building a new stadium if it's going to be empty for 340 days a year. It needs to be working a lot more days in order to generate income. Surely you cannot argue against the brilliant job he did with the O2 arena, turning it into the busiest music venue in the world.

The new stadium will be made to earn money and in the process will become a world-famous venue and a London landmark. This in turn will put our club firmly on the map, not only helping to increase revenue from events and advertising, but a place where top pros and talented youngsters want to play.

This new revenue stream will help to pay off current debt, along with providing funds for squad investment. The cost of the stadium will pay for itself by hosting additional events, advertising, and of course the naming rights deal with Air Asia.

I don't expect you to accept any of this and still believe that TF is using us purely to build a music venue, but he doesn't need us for that. He could just go out and build one if he wanted. He wants to build a successful football club that has a good team and good facilities.

I for one believe this will happen.
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• I think Vblockranger is either Flavio, Gianni, Victor Meldrew...or

Comment

Working...
                  X