Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things go from bad to worse

If this article is to be believed.

Spurs want £5m for Scott Parker & wages to high.

Same for Peter Crouch

Redknapp sent away from training camp after injuring knee & will be on crutches for 6 weeks & is currently unable to take training.

Only at Rangers...

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...e-8700324.html

phew, when i read the thread title i thought Weare had been made a mod on this site.

Comment

At those prices Crouch & Parker can stay where they are. It's never good business to part with big transfer fees for players over 30 years of age!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          At those prices Crouch & Parker can stay where they are. It's never good business to part with big transfer fees for players over 30 years of age!
          I LOL'd when I saw £5m if I'm honest

Comment

The circus continues

Tbf I hope we don't part with £5m for Parker. As much as I want him, £5m for him at his age is ludicrous. The fact the board are sticking to their guns and refusing to pay the big wages these days is a good sign IMO, shows they've wised up from the past 2 years.

Don't think old Saggy Face being on crutches should have too much of an effect on our training, I imagine (although could be wrong) that it's usually rhe coaches doing the physical work anyway.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              The circus continues

Tbf I hope we don't part with £5m for Parker. As much as I want him, £5m for him at his age is ludicrous. The fact the board are sticking to their guns and refusing to pay the big wages these days is a good sign IMO, shows they've wised up from the past 2 years.

Don't think old Saggy Face being on crutches should have too much of an effect on our training, I imagine (although could be wrong) that it's usually rhe coaches doing the physical work anyway.
              That's how it looked when they were over here in Dubai. Steve Cotterill was running the training and interacting the most with the players, Harry very much took a back seat and called players and coaches over for a word in their ear occasionally!

Comment

That's how it looked when they were over here in Dubai. Steve Cotterill was running the training and interacting the most with the players, Harry very much took a back seat and called players and coaches over for a word in their ear occasionally!
                Not a bad way to earn £3m a year eh :pleasantsuprise:

Comment

Shocking when you think about it.

Comment

too be honest i can see us starting the season with no new comers n a mix of what we're left with!
                    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      Not a bad way to earn £3m a year eh :pleasantsuprise:
                      To be honest I thought it was quite a good dynamic. Old Bagpuss was overseeing the whole thing, taking a closer look at players individually in different scenarios whilst the younger, fitter Steve Cotterill was doing the bulk of the shouting and running around. I don't see it as Harry shirking responsibilities, more like assessing things and making decisions from a distance whilst someone else does the leg work!

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                        If this article is to be believed.

Spurs want £5m for Scott Parker & wages to high.

Same for Peter Crouch

Redknapp sent away from training camp after injuring knee & will be on crutches for 6 weeks & is currently unable to take training.

Only at Rangers...

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...e-8700324.html
                        Redknapp's op was routine. He knew about it a while back which was why he wanted another coach in to help out. Levy's renowned for driving a hard bargain too. One thing no one can say about Levy is that he never tries to get the best deal for Spurs. That figure will come down. End of the day if there are no takers then he wont want to continue paying SP if he's not wanted so he'll move him on. It's actually good that the club aren't throwing money about willy nilly like the press like to report.

Also remember its the Standard. That paper's always been full or dross and anti QPR. In the past when a players has grazed his knee in training they've lead you to believe it's a life threatening gash!
                        Last edited by Dazzer1977; 10-07-2013, 02:57 PM.

Comment

To be honest I thought it was quite a good dynamic. Old Bagpuss was overseeing the whole thing, taking a closer look at players individually in different scenarios whilst the younger, fitter Steve Cotterill was doing the bulk of the shouting and running around. I don't see it as Harry shirking responsibilities, more like assessing things and making decisions from a distance whilst someone else does the leg work!
                          Don't get me wrong mate I agree, that's what coache are for. I was just having a bubble regards the money in football - madness init.

Comment

Yea good points there Dazzer.

Comment

Ok can we change the thread title to 'panic over its not as bad as it seems now'

Comment

Working...
                              X