Remy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remy

If we keep hold of him which seems pretty likely and he does tear this league apart, (so found not guilty).

Then come Jan we look like promotion fav's, Tony and harry persuade him to stay because we've supported him through the trial then I can't help but think 16-1 is a very healthy value for top goalscorer? I guess the bookies expect him to leave it jan at those odds. Anyway anyone having a piece of it or do the bookies know something we don't?
    Last edited by WeAreQPR12; 07-07-2013, 11:05 AM.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Exactly my thought a while ago.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

he will rape championship defences!!
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Which bookies have him at 16/1? I think if he stays the whole season he can get 30 goals.

If no club bids for him and your scenario is accurate, I think Remy might feel he needs to stay as a thank you to the club. Also, if they are in the promotion hunt, QPR might insist on keeping him - doesn't his release clause expire by then?

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          Which bookies have him at 16/1? I think if he stays the whole season he can get 30 goals.

If no club bids for him and your scenario is accurate, I think Remy might feel he needs to stay as a thank you to the club. Also, if they are in the promotion hunt, QPR might insist on keeping him - doesn't his release clause expire by then?
          Yes his release clause will expire by then.
          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            If we keep hold of him which seems pretty likely and he does tear this league apart, (so found not guilty).

Then come Jan we look like promotion fav's, Tony and harry persuade him to stay because we've supported him through the trial then I can't help but think 16-1 is a very healthy value for top goalscorer? I guess the bookies expect him to leave it jan at those odds. Anyway anyone having a piece of it or do the bookies know something we don't?
            He may have already broken the record by then, he don't need many chances to score.

Comment

I think that Remy could be the difference been promotion and stopping in the championship for me

If he goes who do we replace him with who will guarantee goals like he does

Comment

He's such a big price due to the fact 1) He could well be picking up the soap for big Tyrone mid-way through the season, & 2) If he is let off there is a good chance he will be sold in January.

Agree with ya though 16/1 is massive and well worth a flutter IMO.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

http://soccerlens.com/tottenham-and-...c-remy/110992/
                  QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

The only thing that worries me about a player like him in the championship is that will he just kicked up in the air every game. When we play the teams with just big lumps at the back they will just go through him at the first opportunity and then will he go missing for the rest of the game.
                    @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

trial? he hasn't even been charged yet... if he gets charged in september (at the end of his bail period), i'm not sure the case would have been to court by january.

Comment

In response to Ronaldinho´s post; against tough opponents Remy´s smartness will definetly be tested, yes.
                        Last edited by Shania; 08-07-2013, 10:38 AM.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                          The only thing that worries me about a player like him in the championship is that will he just kicked up in the air every game. When we play the teams with just big lumps at the back they will just go through him at the first opportunity and then will he go missing for the rest of the game.
                          They have to catch him first! The goal he scored against fulham where he ran through the middle of two lumbering centre backs should put the fear of god into any championship defence.

If he stays he will be better than any signing we could make this summer!

Comment

I think the way the game has changed now and how Refs manage games, even in the lower leagues, it will be difficult for him to get the treatment which was dished out to forwards in the 80s etc think back to when we were last in the championship Adel was not really lifted off his feet in the tackle although that may have been one way of stopping him

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                              They have to catch him first! The goal he scored against fulham where he ran through the middle of two lumbering centre backs should put the fear of god into any championship defence.

If he stays he will be better than any signing we could make this summer!

Comment

Working...
                              X