Financial fair play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by klonk View Post
    the transfer embargo is the one that confuses me a bit. for instance, what happens if we have a transfer embargo and the contract of every goalkeeper at the club expires at the end of that season, before we've managed to sort out the finances. surely, we can't be expected to have a squad with no keeper and equally, it can't end up that the existing keepers are allowed to negotiate outrageous new contracts in the knowledge that we can't buy anyone else. can it?

actually... is the fine that manageable? in the example, we'll have just lost £61m, then we'll have a fine of £50m and still be losing money day-after-day even with the new tv deal.
    I suppose it will become another dynamic that we will have to take into the equation, player's contracts. Going to become very complicated to manage, with all the different scenarios that could happen.

I could definitely see it giving the players even more power than they currently do have when negotiating new deals as they will have the clubs over a barrel if they realise that a club is not going to be promoted that year.

Not sure that's what the FFP regulations were supposed to be designed for!

As for the fine, I just meant that the fine would be more manageable for a club like us that has funding behind it. However, if that £50m fine is included in the figures for that year when assessing the club's losses, would be a very difficult cycle to get out of.

Comment

I am sure our board will sort this out.
      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Clubs will exploit loopholes so I wouldn't worry too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
          Exactly....

Comment

Despite what some people think of TF on here, when it comes to finance, he's well-qualified to deal with this. Amit is no mug in the world of finance either.
            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
              Don't think it will be as easy as that though, I would imagine club's accounts will be audited very closely independently to ensure everything is above board. Will be very interesting to see how this all pans out.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                Despite what some people think of TF on here, when it comes to finance, he's well-qualified to deal with this. Amit is no mug in the world of finance either.
                I actually really like and appreciate TF and not disputing that he may be well qualified to deal with financial issues, but he'll need to be a miracle worker to get us where we need to be by next year.

I am not panicking at all just trying to get a feel for what could happen in the coming years, as it's definitely all going to change pretty drastically.

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
                  Don't think it will be as easy as that though, I would imagine club's accounts will be audited very closely independently to ensure everything is above board. Will be very interesting to see how this all pans out.
                  Unless something is found to be wrong, I'm not sure it is that easy to audit accounts independently.

Comment

There are many different equations and aspects that we dont know, but i cant imagine TF, Amtit or the other directors will look at giving away such a hugh amount to the football league.

Things like the training ground, youth and other expenses we have incurred will be taken out. Selling our stars, lower wages and the fact we wont be spending as much will also help.

With loop holes etc... yes i expect us to be over but no were as much that is being said, as all this is scare mongering and another chance to have a pop and get the fans arguing again.

Yes it is my club and i love it, but it is not my money and there are the ones who will lose it and to be perfectly honest its too late to worry about it now, as we have spent it all.

All i want is simple, the fans to be united again, ignore outside spiteful journos, get behind the owners, behind the team and make Loftus Road rock, regardless of were we finish.

Because the last two years have been nothing (apart from the 1st Chelsea at home game) have been a wet squib with nothing but moaning at bitching and horrible.

Come on U R's start to make me proud again, it may be a long road but we are all in it for the long hall.
                    One for all.... and all for one

Comment

Working...
                    X