Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incredible Fact From Neil Warnock's Book...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incredible Fact From Neil Warnock's Book...

The deal for Jason Puncheon on loan from Southampton looked dead in the water as Southampton wanted £200k loan fee, 50k more than they stated pre-transfer deadline day. Warnock wasn't having it and the deal was dead in the water, that was until JP offered to pay the 50k extra himself to prove to Neil how badly he wanted to play for the R's. Incredible.

He may have been a flop for us and has proven himself since at the Saints but that is really refreshing to hear after some of the things said about pro's and in particular Adel Taarabt in this book.

Highly recommended read....

Loads more transfer related stuff in the book that is fascinating and frustrating in equal measure...
    Some of the players we have missed out on for one reason or another (mainly flavio) is ridiculous!

Comment

In fairness to JP - he wasn't a flop, he just didn't get played. I remember saying at the time he was a decent player (to the point I had a bet with Rebel on ere he would score more goals than Torres that season :pleasantsuprise - and he has gone to show since that he is a PL quality player that, once again, we failed to make use of.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I know what you mean, they missed out on me, I fit the current player profile down to a T. Old and can't play for the life of me.
        My old man was the star player for HMP Parkhurst during their successful and unbeaten 77/78 season.

Comment

Originally posted by WCE View Post
          I know what you mean, they missed out on me, I fit the current player profile down to a T. Old and can't play for the life of me.
          I fit the criteria that loads of fans seem to be calling for these days; young & hungry.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            I fit the criteria that loads of fans seem to be calling for these days; young & hungry.
            Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up
            My old man was the star player for HMP Parkhurst during their successful and unbeaten 77/78 season.

Comment

And less then 2 years on, which player would want to pay to play for us? Not many I imagine!

Comment

Well Matty on a free, weekly wage of bucket's of KFC. Done deal.

Comment

At least JP did not splash money like TF because he knows the game unlike TF. I hope and expect that TF has now learnt the lesson!
                  QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by iamayaak View Post
                    The deal for Jason Puncheon on loan from Southampton looked dead in the water as Southampton wanted £200k loan fee, 50k more than they stated pre-transfer deadline day. Warnock wasn't having it and the deal was dead in the water, that was until JP offered to pay the 50k extra himself to prove to Neil how badly he wanted to play for the R's. Incredible.

He may have been a flop for us and has proven himself since at the Saints but that is really refreshing to hear after some of the things said about pro's and in particular Adel Taarabt in this book.

Highly recommended read....
                    I ain't got that far yet:rage:

Comment

F***.... Sorry mate!!

Comment

In fairness to JP - he wasn't a flop, he just didn't get played. I remember saying at the time he was a decent player (to the point I had a bet with Rebel on ere he would score more goals than Torres that season :pleasantsuprise - and he has gone to show since that he is a PL quality player that, once again, we failed to make use of.
                        I think a few of us on here shared the same view.

He would have been a decent player for QPR had he been selected and might even have done enough to keep Warnock in his job...which could have spared us the nightmare that was Mark Hughes.

Comment

Just goes to show that we sold some players that wanted to play for the club, instead we bring in players who wanted the money.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                            haha I was about to post the same. Up to chapter chapter 6, so far a great read. So far obvious that he loves us, loves Adel, and loves Danns from his Palace days. Hoping to get chapter 6 done on the train tonight home.
                            @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                              I got the audiobook because I can't be arsed to read it. Been listening to it a work for a couple of hours a day since Thursday. Almost 10 hours of audio in total, all read to me by Neil himself. Waste of time the paperback if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
                              X