The only important thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only important thing

is that TF keeps up his financial backing of the club. If he does that, things will sort themselves out and we will grow. All the hype about Harry and speculation about ins and outs is incidental if TF has a long term commitment.

TF has publicly stated his long-term commitment to the club, as have other board members. I'm sure he wants to see his plans for the new training ground and new stadium come to fruition and seems very excited about these projects going by his interviews and tweets.

I think the real problem had been the board's managerial selections. There's been a lot of trust placed in MH and HR, and they both failed. These two were supposed to be highly rated and highly experienced managers but I suppose no matter how good a player or manager is, they are never a right fit for certain clubs.
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

I have no doubts he is in for the long term - he has consistently backed up what he says despite these consirpacy theories about him trying to create a new world order or whatever the latest 1 is. I just wish TF would get a "football" man on board to deal with transfers as it's clear as the nose on my face that he & Beard are so naive to it all it's ridiculous.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

It's a difficult ask to find a football man that understands business. I would guess they're few and far between. It's one thing to have a football man in the boardroom, but it's another for him to understand finances, contracts etc.

Some people might cite David Dein as a good example, but I don't think he played the game at pro-level, although I understand he's got a superb background in organisation within football.
        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
          It's a difficult ask to find a football man that understands business. I would guess they're few and far between. It's one thing to have a football man in the boardroom, but it's another for him to understand finances, contracts etc.

Some people might cite David Dein as a good example, but I don't think he played the game at pro-level, although I understand he's got a superb background in organisation within football.
          Agree mate and we have the business savvy people already in TF & Beard - between them they have a proven track record of succeeding in the business world and taking failures and turning them into huge successes (ie Millennium Dome to o2 Arena) - but I feel they need to appointment a football savvy bloke to undertake transfer dealings, maybe a Director of Football (although I have slated this "position" in the past!). The right football knowledgeable man, combined with the businessmen we have, would be a great combination for out club.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

i din't think that tf can keep pouring money into the club at the rate that he is doing indefinitely. the important thing is that we need to move to a sustainable financial footing.

yes, we need 'football people' involved in transfers, but we had that last summer and it looks like we made some terrible business decisions. we can't keep sacking managers and having major overhauls of the playing staff every time. managers need to be given fixed budgets for net transfer spending and wages and manage within that budget and not bleat on about the squad that they've inherited (like redknapp, hughes, warnock and co all did).

Comment

GF would be the best man for the job, he loves this club so you know we're in safe hands with transfers.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post

Too true. Harry has already said he is useless with money (in his personal life). He is meant to be a football man so it shows that there needs to be a good balance between business and football. I think our model was all wrong by buying in so many players and not really concentrating on 2-3 that would have fit into the squad but made the difference without time needed for gelling. What happened with all those new signings last summer was a big mistake.

Comment

Three windows of panic buying so lets hope its fourth time lucky.

Comment

Gianni Paladini used to get on with our managers..........well maybe not Sousa!

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                      Three windows of panic buying so lets hope its fourth time lucky.
                      That is what the anti HR wingers don't realise Warno's window lasted a a fortnight so panic was understandable Hughs windows was just a spending binge, I wouldn't say Hs window was panic just a last throw of the dice, given a choice I would keep Hs signings and get shot of the rest ,but yeah Warno panic Hughs you could say was panic to spend

Comment

Originally posted by hooploft View Post
                        That is what the anti HR wingers don't realise Warno's window lasted a a fortnight so panic was understandable Hughs windows was just a spending binge, I wouldn't say Hs window was panic just a last throw of the dice, given a choice I would keep Hs signings and get shot of the rest ,but yeah Warno panic Hughs you could say was panic to spend
                        Third window was a bit of a panic because Harry had practically nothing to work with and had to find the players to kick on and stay up with. Had knockbacks from his main targets (Mvilla etc) and so we ended up with Jenas and Townsend from his old club, Samba who we paid three times to much for and Remy whom we knew wanted away end of the season. It just wasnt enough and the we now approach a new window with the same problems. My worry is that H wont be able to get rid of enough of our current squad to bring in his own players.

Comment

Working...
                        X