Junior Hoilett training with Toronto FC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior Hoilett training with Toronto FC

I know it's off season and there are lots of rumors but not many actual news events happening but Hoilett was interviewed after a training session with Ryan Nelsen's Toronto FC today! He claimed it was to 'stay in shape" but I think most on here don't believe he ever was in shape which contributed to a sub par season! He is from Toronto and has expressed interest in moving on so you never know, let the speculation begin!
    @gatorTFC

Originally posted by gator View Post
    I know it's off season and there are lots of rumors but not many actual news events happening but Hoilett was interviewed after a training session with Ryan Nelsen's Toronto FC today! He claimed it was to 'stay in shape" but I think most on here don't believe he ever was in shape which contributed to a sub par season! He is from Toronto and has expressed interest in moving on so you never know, let the speculation begin!
    He's never going there!

Will literally just be on holiday in Toronto and has gone for a run out with Nelsen and his lot.

Comment

Besides money, which Toronto FC owners have bushels of, it won't happen as long as there is potential for Hoilett to play for Jamaica! It would be a marketing disaster if he signed for TFC then declared for the Reggae Boyz, he would be Canada's new number 1 soccer villain!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

gator, you should have posted the whole artical.

its a nice read and he is focusing on getting fit for our season in the championship.

sounds like he intends on staying.

hers the artical

Brampton, Ontario born forward Junior Hoilett made a long awaited appearance playing for a Canadian team that wears red on Tuesday afternoon.

Unfortunately for supporters of the Canadian Men’s National Team who would like to see the prodigiously talented attacker playing for Canada at the International level, Hoilett and his younger brother Jaineil Hoilett were simply at Toronto FC’s training facility to train with TFC and keep fit over their offseason from the European football circuit.

“I called up Ryan (Nelsen) and asked to train with him in order to keep fit during the offseason,” Hoilett said. “I have to go back for preseason with QPR in a few weeks. Preseason starts in July. There is no chance (I’ll stay longer with TFC).”

The Queens Park Rangers forward is coming off a season that was challenging for him personally due to a lack of first team playing team and for his club as a whole, as QPR were relegated from the English Premier League to the English second division.

“It was a difficult season of course,” Hoilett said. “We underperformed and it was a tough season. We now need to work hard to get back into the Premier League, where we belong.”

With his focus firmly on QPR, the 22 year old continued to detail that he is focused on his club career when he was asked the inevitable question about his plans with respect to International level.

“My lips are sealed right now,” Hoilett said.

While his mind is currently focused on his club career and situation with QPR, Hoilett did admit that he was impressed with quality of players on his home town club and very impressed with Toronto FC’s training facilities at Downsview Park.

“It was a good quality of training. There are a lot of good players on the team. The facility here is great and it’s the first time I have been to the new training facility. It’s good to be here,” Hoilett said. “The facility is top of the line and one of the best. It’s better than our facility back at QPR. They have everything here.”
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Good article, thanks for posting it up hitman!

Comment

Sorry Hitman, I hadn't seen the article, I just read some tweets about it, thanks for posting it!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

“We underperformed and it was a tough season. We now need to work hard to get back into the Premier League, where we belong.”

Sounds like he is in it for the long haul.

Cheers for posting hitman!
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

no worries lads.
                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I was going to suggest maybe keeping fit for us, as we have a connection there. Good for him, he has been a shadow of the player Blackburn had, and maybe he agrees he hasn't been
                  at his fittest hence the extra summer training. I'd happily keep him in the championship and give him another chance i'm sure there is so much more he can give

Comment

Doesn't say much. Our training ground is ****e and it's a no wonder players from 'bigger clubs hate being there every day!!
                    Clive was a hero but big Bob was the nuts!

Comment

I think that is the reason Ben Tal Haim has gone to Toronto,HR obviously feels these guys need to have a longer pre season as they did not play much in the last campaign and feels they could play a big part next season

Comment

Originally posted by QPRWEBBIE View Post
                        I think that is the reason Ben Tal Haim has gone to Toronto,HR obviously feels these guys need to have a longer pre season as they did not play much in the last campaign and feels they could play a big part next season
                        Ben Talk Haim never did end up signing with Toronto FC, money was the issue and it seems he is seeking a permanent move somewhere!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                          Ben Talk Haim never did end up signing with Toronto FC, money was the issue and it seems he is seeking a permanent move somewhere!
                          They said on the radio the other day that he was spending 6 weeks there and will be back for the pre season

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                            I was going to suggest maybe keeping fit for us, as we have a connection there. Good for him, he has been a shadow of the player Blackburn had, and maybe he agrees he hasn't been
                            at his fittest hence the extra summer training. I'd happily keep him in the championship and give him another chance i'm sure there is so much more he can give
                            If he can get fully fit I think he can reproduce his Blackburn form that attracted so much interest from other bigger clubs and that form can help QPR have a very good season.

Comment

A pre- pre-season perhaps? Do remember he's extremely obese.
                              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Working...
                              X