Andros Tweet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andros Tweet

Just seen a tweet saying that he has fallen in love with the club and even though he is on loan loves it as much as those who are here permanently.

The lads showed a chink in his armour for us so Harry and Tony pull on his heart strings and go and get him the exact type of player we need now and going forwards

Link?

Comment

Thing I think sometimes with these things is that the player can be in a win win situation: knows he's going back to spurs, is contracted there, spurs have no intention of selling so he can say all this love for QPR knowing he won't stay.

However hopefully he does!

Comment

Was a retweet from the QPR bod Ian Taylor mate if you follow him.

Got me thinking I wonder if he has been lined up and this is them kind of drip feeding it to the fans as we are very social media focused marketing wise in recent times.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
          Thing I think sometimes with these things is that the player can be in a win win situation: knows he's going back to spurs, is contracted there, spurs have no intention of selling so he can say all this love for QPR knowing he won't stay.

However hopefully he does!
          Fair point mate

Comment

The social media team are pretty poor IMO. Got nothing against Ian Taylor, seems a genuinely nice bloke, just don't agree with the **** he feeds to the fans, the whole M'Bia debacle a few weeks ago for example. It's all so fake and gives the impression their estimation of us as a fan base is pretty low.

I also find it strange the way we recruit a new member of the social media team 3 weeks before the end of the season who is a massive Palace fan.... surely we could find one QPR fan with the skills and experience to do it?

Re Townsend- nice to hear, but he won't be coming back.

Comment

i don't much post about the optimistic side of things because there is a mountain, really a mountain, of work that needs doing in the next 4 weeks (flop clear out) and I don't honestly see the club getting it even close to half done.
              BUT, if it was done, there are players like Townsend who would be happy to play for the club even in the championship next year. Players who will commit to the club and make you proud. Players who will pass to their team mates, challenge for 50/50s, track back and go forward, and even on a bad day play ten times better than the likes of Granero managed last year. There are lots of players like that. Who would play good football with a smile and win games for regular wages.
              Harry has that kind of draw, he wasn't the popular choice for England manager by accident, and he knows how to do this stuff, and playing for him at a London club that is on the way up is a big attraction. If he can get shot of the snake pit and bring in his own team, talking about 8-10 players here, then I would fancy promotion next year. As it stands though, unless the club can find some package to persuade a lot of players to leave(because there is not going to be a long queue for many of them), I expect next season to be the same as last season
              Heres hoping.
              Last edited by zeberdee; 01-06-2013, 01:07 PM.

Comment

The thing is, Townsend would get regular football here and can help us get promoted. He seems a popular lad, especially among the fans.

This is what he wrote on 19/5:

@andros_townsend: Have no doubt that with the manager and owner that the club has that qpr will be back in the premier league sooner rather than later! #qpr

Lets hope HR and TF can get a deal done.
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Townsend has no future at Spurs, he cannot get into their first team because they are a top 5 side with competition high amongst their players.

Sadly though, I think he will go to West ham.

Comment

If maybe Bale leaves Spurs maybe Andros would move up the pecking order at WHL.....

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                      If maybe Bale leaves Spurs maybe Andros would move up the pecking order at WHL.....
                      The thing is, Spurs will get serious dosh for Bale and they'll go out and buy a big name replacement.
                      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Townsend will never play for spurs, like I said they have very high aims now gunning for the champions league etc.
                        If we had stayed in the Premiership then I think we would have had a chance to buy him along with Naughton.

I just can't believe Hughes never bought any youngsters... £6m for Zamora is just sickening and must have been a fiddle somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                          The thing is, Spurs will get serious dosh for Bale and they'll go out and buy a big name replacement.
                          This is true.............!

Comment

Townsend will be installed into their first team next season, he'll get his chance and he will take it. No chance of us getting him.
                            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Wonder if all the press he got over the betting thing has put a few clubs of him i know i found the part where they said he'd be getting any help needed in dealing with his problem a bit odd. Also lets remember he's still very young and could afford to build his reputation by playing in the championship for a few seasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X