No QPR regrets - Julio Cesar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DouDou_87 View Post
    Have seen him have more blinders and pull of more world class saves than any other keeper this season. Granted he made a couple of mistakes, but just think how bad the team was in front of him.

Will never forget the point blank save he made against Torres at Stamford Bridge when it was still 0-0 and they were battering us. What about Arsenal away, West Ham away, Spurs away, so many home games too.

He became an easy target and just got grouped with all the other signings, not all of the players who joined last summer were mercenaries. He certainly wasn't. Read any interview with him or about him and you'll get an idea as to what kind of bloke he is.

I wish him all the best, he is arguably the best keeper i've seen at QPR in 20 odd years. Will go on to be a key player for whoever he joins.
    So Paddy Kenny's record clean sheets mean nothing then?....Best keeper in 20 years? ...no not for me

Comment

agree he probably won us more points than lost, but if he was more assertive at x's think he'd be top drawer, sadly he is not
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        So Paddy Kenny's record clean sheets mean nothing then?....Best keeper in 20 years? ...no not for me
        When did i say they mean nothing? He had the best and most organised defence in the championship in front of him that season. He was extremely good for us, but IMO not the best keeper I've seen.

He's also since proved that he is a complete ****** so that takes him down in my estimations too.

Comment

I'd put Paddy above him, yes agree his comments were bang out of order and he's a **** for saying them but excellent keeper for us. I'd put Tony Roberts above Cesar too.... and Jan Stejskal, in their time at Rangers.

Comment

I'm old enough and handsome enough to remember Phil Parkes, Cesar, Kenny or even Seaman, don't come near the big man
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
              I'm old enough and handsome enough to remember Phil Parkes, Cesar, Kenny or even Seaman, don't come near the big man
              Agree i remember him too, but Dou Dou said last 20 years,... regarding Parkes .......such lovely hair!...wonder how he kept it so nice?!!

Comment

Working...
              X