Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for Rodney Marsh - 1967 League Cup Final

Alright lads,

I am interviewing Rodney Marsh this Thursday. The interview is going to focus on the win over WBA in the 1967 League Cup Final. Are there any questions you would like to ask Rodney about the day/game etc?

Cheers in advance.

Chris

question

question one....does he think the disalowed head over heal kick was actually offside
    question two....how good was mark lazarus,this is because lazarus was the origional king of loftus road and the highest ever goalscoring winger
    question three..i heard him say in another interview that the qpr side was the best team he ever played in,although man city had better individual players qpr wwere the best side does he still believe this to be true
    question four...ive got an amazing facination for jim gregory,what sort of man was gregory
    question five does rodders think that we should have kept alec stock in charge rather than appoint bill dodgin,for many including myself it was a strange decesion to sack alec stock ater he brought us through two divisions
    question six,does rodney realise that the famous qprted the brilliant poet was the man who stood next to him at mike keens funeral i was also the only fan wearing a qpr shirt
    question seven in the modern game with more protection given to strikers does rodney think that he would have got more goals
    question eight,if roger morgen had been kept in 69 could that have changed our terrible season
    question nine was barry bridges the fastest player he ever played with
    question ten,looing back on that team our defence was apalling with tony hazel ,ron hunt and ian watson at the back it could have been our worst ever defence if we had a better defence does rodney think we could have beaten off the threat of relegation
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

well

rodney marsh the greatest ever player to play for qpr
      are you aware rodney that you were such a star
      at loftus road the opposition had to put 4 defenders on you
      but you would still get one goal maybe two

againt blackpool you played the great game of your life,and i think i know why
      when you scored that brilliant free kick i saw a beautifull face appear in the sky
      that day you had the amazing skills of an irradescent burtterfly
      you were sent to us by the gods rodney and ill remember that game to the day i die

More...

Comment

Thanks for the reply qprted. Was the overhead kick in the final? Some great questions, thank you! they do need to be about the final or loosely based around the final.

Thanks again!

Comment

ok

ok chris the question about the final that probabley most would like to ask,was what did he think of that famous march to wembley which included 11 coffins

and where did they go in the evening of the final i think it was harold wintons hotel check with rod

More...

Comment

what was the half-time pep talk from Alec to get the boys to turn around the 2-0 deficit and thank him, the only person I've ever idolised
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Did the team have there usual lunch together at Italian Pauly's on final day ? which was just round the corner from Loftus road on the Uxbridge Road.

Comment

Brilliant! Thanks for this. Can you enlighten me about the march with 11 coffins? I'm not aware of this (excuse my ignorance!)

Comment

Was 1 coffin.
                  "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                  London Pride is a flower that's free.
                  London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                  And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

1 coffin and a dozen klu klux klan men, good luck
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Rodney ...who was quickest Thompson or Lillee??!!....

Comment

yes

yes chris,the qpr fans decicded to march to wembley because it is the nearest league ground to wembley,the origional idea i think came out of ladbroke grove it was the orsmonde family that thought up the idea,ask rodders about the march he will tell you

a poem to give rodney marsh could be this chris

I DREAM OF RODNEY EVERY DAY
                        TO THE GODS A MAN CAN PRAY
                        ROD COULD SCORE IN EVERY GAME,LIKE SOMEONE FROM GREEK MYTHOLOGY HE WAS KING ON THE GRASS
                        BUT OCCAISIONALLY HE WOULD HELP A FELLOW STRIKER BY MAKING A DEFENCE SPLITING PASS
                        FOUR MEN COULD BE TIED UP TRYING TO KEEP THE MAN AT BAY
                        BUT RODNEY WOULD KEEP ON PRESSUREISING THEM RIGHT IN THE THICK OF IT HE WOULD STAY
                        WE HAD MANY A PINT OF BEER OVER RODNEY DOWN AT NORTHOLTS LOAD OF HAY

More...

Comment

Would Ron Hunt's challenge on Rick Sheppard have been allowed today? I do0n't think so ( but I do think Micklewhite's goal n the FA Cup final would have been allowed today)

Comment

Who was longest in the shower?
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Thanks for all of the (serious!) questions. One more, you mentioned the disallowed overhead kick - what game was that?

Comment

Working...
                              X