Even allowing for all the crocks we signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even allowing for all the crocks we signed

(and I just hope our medicals are carried out competently and professionally, its crucial) we still had a squad more talented than at least half-a-dozen other clubs in the Premiership. Unfortunately, as has been said many times, we didn't have a team. If Redknapp is claiming our players were not good enough and really believes this I don't agree. He has been a disappointment, but nowhere near as much as the players who haven't performed. However, the biggest disappointment of all was that the charlatan Hughes got the job in the first place. He's not fit to manage a Conference side.

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
    (and I just hope our medicals are carried out competently and professionally, its crucial) we still had a squad more talented than at least half-a-dozen other clubs in the Premiership. Unfortunately, as has been said many times, we didn't have a team. If Redknapp is claiming our players were not good enough and really believes this I don't agree. He has been a disappointment, but nowhere near as much as the players who haven't performed. However, the biggest disappointment of all was that the charlatan Hughes got the job in the first place. He's not fit to manage a Conference side.
    He's underperforemd just as much as the players yet so many seem to ignore this.

As for Hughes, he kept us up last season, something Redknapp failed to do this season. Yes you can argue we were not in the bottom 3 when Hughes came in, fine but Redknapp has gone from 6 points adrift to 14 points, delta of 8 points less than those around us.... If Hughes did that last year we'd have dropped im pretty certain.

At the end of the day, all managers and players have underperformed and failed their key objective for the season. We need to put this season to bed, draw a line under it and move onto next season with some belief, which is why all the negativity from HR isnt going to help imo.

Comment

Agreed...think you might be the first person to bring this topic up, so good on you...this subject needs discussing a lot more and in more depth I feel...not enough time has been spent on this in the past.

Comment

Quite simple really, QPR bought a team of individuals who looked good on paper but could not play together. I honestly don't think we made 3 passes together in any game.
        I think the situation was worse than Redknapp thought, and I have info from a good source that he was really shocked at some of the players attitudes when he had his first meeting with them in November.

The damage was done before Redknapp come in.

Comment

so we finished in a false position then you think?

Comment

Many successful sides buy players to fit a system so know exactly what they are looking for. We just bought names with no system in mind and ended up with an abomination.

Comment

Gone backwards...gonna have a worse side in th Chump than what we got promoted with.

Comment

Redknapp has underperformed as much as the players have. Yes they have played as individuals rather than a team and their attitude might have been worse than expected, but after a reasonably bright start and decent January under Redknapp they have gone backwards and that is down to him and his negative comments, tactics and team selections. I think he needs to take a good look in the mirror.

Comment

QprDave I think we finished where we deserved, but it could and should have been different. We should have had enough about us to have got more than 4 pts from 13 games, and then enough about us to get more than the 21 points from 25 games (assuming we lose at L'Pool). Hughes just about the main culprit, followed by players, and then Redknapp. All a disappointment.

Comment

Working...
                  X