What do you all make of Redknapp.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qpr View Post
    I think Redknapp's mugging QPR off / going about things the wrong way.

I know it maybe criminal to #### Redknapp off but I'm really not happy with the guy at the moment
    "We were poor today" You're the manager, you train the players
    "We're going to pick a team to win against Newcastle" So why did you pick MBia & Bosingwa again then? Harriman & Derry are better/more stable & committed
    "We haven't enough quality" Tony give me some money. We've got all the quality just not the commitment, drop the trash & use Faurlin, Derry, Hill, Mackie, Barton(bad move mugging him off even though it was Hughes to be fair). Onouha, Harriman. Norwich & other teams prove what commitment does for your team.
    "Cesar's a top goalie" We've won 1 game with him all season, we've won 5 games with Rob Green (including cup games)
    "We've got to be better" You've got to motivate better/select the correct players.
    "It's not going to be easy next year" ( saying it in every interview ) compared to other teams it is easier actually Harry

& most importantly when he passes the buck with stupid things like "We need a knew pitch badly" Go home Harry, you're drunk.

Now I happen to like Harry & Joe Jordan a lot but I don't like excuses. The fault is with the manager bearing in mind the support he's had, his tactics, his team selections, his signings & to be frank I think he's made mistakes. It was a hard job for anyone & mistakes would be made but it depends on how many mistakes were made, not picking Bosingwa is not a hard job, not picking a goalie (Cesar) who's hot & cold, inconsistent & palming the ball down into the 6 six yard box & imo cost QPR their place in the Premier League when Aston Villa did route 1 & he didn't come for the ball like Green would of, not picking him isn't hard over an experienced PL goalie (Green) who's seen it all before, is loyal, who makes good strong saves & commands the box like a Premier League goalie should is not hard. Playing Onouha centre back who IMO is QPR's best defender is not hard, especially after his performance against Foolham & then he was dropped next game! Not playing Traore left back who is clearly a weak link & should be used higher up the pitch is not hard, not picking the worst clumsy footballer I've ever seen MBia at centre midfield is not hard, even more so when he's clearly a centre back, he's so clumsy that the foul against Wigan was obviously coming. SWP the worst touch a footballer in England has ever seen, his injury was a blessing & with luck it will be long term ( harsh but true )

It's easy in hindsight to say things but if you've followed me on twitter this season I've been saying all them points all season long, this relegation hurts me bad because it was bleeding obvious.

If you want good performances you'd pick a team LIKE
    Green
    Harriman Onouha Samba Hill(or Fabio)
    Faurlin Derry Barton(Or Jenas)
    Taarabt
    Remy Mackie

Rant over. Please don't think I'm anti Redknapp because I'm not. However I do think Sir Neil Warnock is/was the right man for QPR & motivates players to know what it means to play for QPR(Stoke away is a CLASSIC example)

If you did read all of that, well done
    Think you make some good points.

But I'm a little confused as to what it is about him that you DO like.

Comment

Harriman better than Bosingwa? Based upon what exactly?
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
        Harry is a good manager who will prove himself when (if) he gets his own players in. Apart from Remy and a couple of the loans they are a bunch of losers and best case scenario is they ALL **** off. With the sh1t he has to work with its a miracle we got 4 wins imo..... worst team of no hopers ive seen at rangers in my lifetime and thats down to Kia, Hughes and Fernandes..not Harry.
        Whether harry is a 'good' manager is very debatable imo.

The problem is that Harry has also spent massive money during transfer windows and that's why Sky sports news get semi's every time old Harry leaves a training ground.

For me I think you have to match a Manager with the club, it's a bit like having salt and pepper on the table, however I find with harry it's like having sugar and pepper.

The reason I say this is because harry likes to blow allot of money and QPR as a tradition has not been a club that does so. I actually think with Tony at the helm it is very dangerous to have a manager like Harry on board because he will tell Tony we need another massive spend over the summer.

The fact of the matter is we are stuck with Harry like most of the shi te players and if Harry was any good he'd of got a much better managerial job than QPR, so that pretty much sums it up for me, he isn't a clever tactician but hides it well because he is a good talker, a little like Warnock infront of the camera and going down the say make excuses path!

We'd be better off as a club if we got a younger manager in with fresh ideas because harry should be retired!
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I think he has proven that he is a decent manager at other clubs, but he failed at Southampton and is failing at QPR.

He has not really impressed me with his tactical or motivational ability. He has been slating the squad since mid December and has made some players sound worse than they really are. They are not poor players, but lack application and a fel of togetherness (not surprising given the wage disparities). How are they supposed to work hard for him when he keeps stating publically that they lack quality?

Mbia, is a title winner for Marseille - Park won titles at PSV and Man Utd - Bosingwa (as poor as he has been at times has also won a number of titles - Granero was at Real Madrid and would have played more games there had he not had been up against a number of high quality full internationals.

The players are by no means great, and are overpaid, but they are poor quality.

I really expected Redknapp to have brought the best out of Cisse, but he messed him up even more than Hughes did. He did nothing to help Diakite, Faurlin or Hoilett. Look at how he has meesed up with Bothroyd. He put him in the 25 man squad and then hardly selected him often prefering to play Mackie or Taarabt as strikers.

I also agree that Redknapp has been looking to blame everyone but himself for relegation, even though he has been in charge for 24 games. Although this is no surprise really (I think it has been posted on here that he doesnt accept blame when things go wrong -and I have certainly been told this by a couple of Tottenham fans I work with).

If QPR do not look as if they are going to have a good season in the Championship, I dont expect he will still be at the club in January 2014.

Comment

Harry plays mind games. He trying to move the sh1te on. I wouldn't be surprised that's why he played Boswinga and Mbia. He's communicating with us- and Tony- through the news media. I also think he's royally p155ed off by how sh1t we are. That team yesterday-bar Green, Remy, Townsend, Hill and Onouha (Derry in spite of his age)- would struggle in the championship. He knows he needs to change it.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              Probably based on the fact that it's currently the in thing to be lambasting Bosingwa at every given opportunity at the moment...who'd dare go against the popular trend? It'll pass!

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                Probably based on the fact that it's currently the in thing to be lambasting Bosingwa at every given opportunity at the moment...who'd dare go against the popular trend? It'll pass!
                Think you're right mate!
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  Harry's more of a buying man but if Harriman gets his chance next season you watch him fly. This is one of the best players we've produced in a long time

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                  Think you make some good points.

But I'm a little confused as to what it is about him that you DO like.
                  Under Les Ferdinand:
                  Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                  Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                  Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                  Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                  And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                    Harry's more of a buying man but if Harriman gets his chance next season you watch him fly. This is one of the best players we've produced in a long time

really? looked poor in the couple of times i have seen him and heard from a mate who watches reserves that he is not all that either.

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                      Or Harriman is a seriously sensible full back who is very clever in decision making, doesn't commit himself & is hungry.

Seriously, take Bosingwa out of the picture, Harriman is a good player
                      Under Les Ferdinand:
                      And many more mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                        really? looked poor in the couple of times i have seen him and heard from a mate who watches reserves that he is not all that either.
                        Yeah really good player. Not being rude but because he hasn't got the chance for QPR people are quick to write him off. If Harry doesn't do his normal let's buy players act then Harriman could have a huge impact next season with QPR
                        Under Les Ferdinand:
                        And many more mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                          Harry plays mind games. He trying to move the sh1te on. I wouldn't be surprised that's why he played Boswinga and Mbia.
                          That's not a bad point actually
                          Under Les Ferdinand:
                          And many more mistakes

Comment

He's done well to divert attention away from himself

His record has not been great, and his constant criticism of the team has not helped matters. A good manger should be able to motivate players who, apparently, are just here for an easy ride. And this he has failed to do. I refuse to believe that our team has no class. Last year we finished fourth bottom we probably less quality in the side. I'll be surprised if Redknapp is still about by Xmas; he'll end up with a nice pay-out no doubt - not forgetting his £3 million a year salary!

Comment

Working...
                            X