Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clubs Position on Sellling Players

What do you think it should be.

Should we sell players if we get a reasonable offer to get them off the pay roll or do we play hard ball and only sell when a buying club meets our asking price/demands??

I'm inclined to say we show some intent and demonstrate to clubs going forward we are not going to be a push over, as we have been in the transfer market the last two years, and hold our ground and refuse to sell unless we get what we feel is fair. Pros and cons to both options.

Any other views??

There arent many in our squad that could fetch any kind of decent money anyway so I say just take the money and get rid

Comment

Have you seen Tony Part 2 West?...Anyway he reckons as you prob know that Harry doesn't have to sell anyone he doesn't want to, and they have decided who he wants to keep and who he doesn't. So my answer would be depends who we're talking about. For example lets say Bosingwa, i would if he is unwanted offer to pay say 1/2 his wages if it would help the deal to be pushed through. But on the whole i think we have owners who will help Harry keep what he wants so would i imagine to do what you say and show other clubs we won't be bullied.
      I know Wolves aren't a good example to follow on the pitch, but they held out for what they wanted Fletcher.

Comment

You could argue given many of the players were free transfers, albeit on decent salaries, anything they are therefore sold on for is actually a profit based on what they cost to come and the only one we would be likely to loose money on would be Samba?? Remy we will make back what we spent if he is sold.

As an example Cesar was a free if we got a million for him its money made etc I don't think financially the financial position is half as bad as the papers make out. If we had been spending huge amounts on transfer fees and wages it would be bad but in all honesty other then the last window have we actually spent that much on transfer fees to other clubs??

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          Have you seen Tony Part 2 West?...Anyway he reckons as you prob know that Harry doesn't have to sell anyone he doesn't want to, and they have decided who he wants to keep and who he doesn't. So my answer would be depends who we're talking about. For example lets say Bosingwa, i would if he is unwanted offer to pay say 1/2 his wages if it would help the deal to be pushed through. But on the whole i think we have owners who will help Harry keep what he wants so would i imagine to do what you say and show other clubs we won't be bullied.
          I know Wolves aren't a good example to follow on the pitch, but they held out for what they wanted Fletcher.
          No mate if its up I will take a look later. anything of interest??

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            No mate if its up I will take a look later. anything of interest??
            yeah on there now...I'll let you look for yourself,

Comment

If Harry Redknapp informs the board that he wants to keep certain players, then I think the club will do everything possible to accomodate him.
              Likewise, if Harry informs the board he doesn't want this player, or that player, they'll be moved on, either transfered or contracts payed up, I should imagine.

Comment

Why pay them up... may as well play them or keep as back up.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                  Tend to agree instead of paying them up so they can go and earn double bubble else where just let them rot in the reserves. If were going to pay them one way or the other might as well mug them off as that is what they have done to us this season.

If they leave they should leave at no cost to the club if they wanting paying to leave then sit on your a rse and we will pay you but we will also ruin your career.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                    If Harry Redknapp informs the board that he wants to keep certain players, then I think the club will do everything possible to accomodate him.
                    Likewise, if Harry informs the board he doesn't want this player, or that player, they'll be moved on, either transfered or contracts payed up, I should imagine.
                    yeah i hope this is the case bush

i think maybe paying them off may be better for team morale in extreme cases

Comment

If they underperform as badly as they did in the premiership, we could be next season's Wolverhampton Wanderers. Would be best all round if the club severs ties with players who just do not want to play for QPR.

Comment

In that case have a meeting and settle it, don't give those players the full amount.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                          If they underperform as badly as they did in the premiership, we could be next season's Wolverhampton Wanderers. Would be best all round if the club severs ties with players who just do not want to play for QPR.
                          Hear what your saying BR but I really struggle with the Idea of paying someones salary up front so they can go and earn a similar amount elsewhere.

Comment

In that case have a meeting and settle it, don't give those players the full amount.
                            That depends on the player and agent being reasonable and coming to a compromise. If there going to be sensible fair enough but if they have options of other clubs to go to but are holding out to be paid up then my opinion is do one matey.

If you work in Argos and get the chance of going to Asda you don't tell the management of Argos you want to leave but only if you give me three months wages upfront you just go where the best options are for you.

Just to clarify not expecting any players to just walk out with no club to go to and therefore no income. The close season will weed out the players in the game for the money and those who actually want to play football

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Hear what your saying BR but I really struggle with the Idea of paying someones salary up front so they can go and earn a similar amount elsewhere.
                              I don't like it either, mate.
                              But, could well be the lesser of two evils, the worst being a possible nightmare first season back in the championship.
                              Any possible bad influence on the dressing room, must be removed, one way, or another.

Comment

Working...
                              X