Villa Game Turn around V us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Villa Game Turn around V us

Strange that Villa's win against us has turned their season around, they were struggling we let them off the hook should have been 4 up at half time they came back we defended poorly they got the crowd going with their equalisr just before half time, and it looks like it might have just saved them? if the result would've gone the other way we would have been boyant going into the next few games as they were and they would've been on the floor as we were, at the end of that game I think that day really knocked the stuffing out of us? players collapsed to the floor as if they knew that was the one that mattered more than most? and we really neede to get something from that game it just opened too big a gap?

That 45 second period from when Bosingwa hit the post to Villa equalising was our defining moment this season and was when the momentum well and truly swung away from us. Had we gone in 2-0 up things could have been very very different. Still not sure we would have stayed up but it would certainly have gone to the wire. Very thin line in the Premiership but we have had too many of those instances this season and last.

Comment

Imagine If Bosinwa's free kick that hit the bar had hit the net... Imagine If Taarbat did not miss the Norwich penalty? Imagine If Samba did not make those errors at Craven Cottage?

We can keep mentioning everything, but were we the only unlucky side? There are 19 other clubs in the league who had unlucky moments as well. In summary, we are not good enough simply because alot of the overpaid players did not show up/give their best for the whole 90+ minutes!
      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Very much like us V Liverpool last season wasn't it?

Comment

If my auntie had balls...

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
            Imagine If Bosinwa's free kick that hit the bar had hit the net... Imagine If Taarbat did not miss the Norwich penalty? Imagine If Samba did not make those errors at Craven Cottage?

We can keep mentioning everything, but were we the only unlucky side? There are 19 other clubs in the league who had unlucky moments as well. In summary, we are not good enough simply because alot of the overpaid players did not show up/give their best for the whole 90+ minutes!

It is true though....I hadn't thought of the penalties ! In all honesty though I think we have been unlucky BUT you do make your own luck as well and you cannot afford to miss penalties, make silly individual errors or give away silly free kicks. In some games we have been unlucky and haven't had the rub of the green, but missing penalties and schoolboy defending you cannot hide behind. Momentum though is a funny thing and that 45 sec period was when it made an about turn on any hope we had left and when you looked around at half time v Villa, you could see the majority thought exactly the same.

Comment

Originally posted by dpmd View Post
              ..go on...

Comment

Originally posted by dpmd View Post
                I'd be asking you for her digits. Them hermaphrodites really do it for me.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

That game was the 1 that done it for me. We went into it on the back of successive wins, beating Villa would have put us 1 point off of them with some proper momentum behind us. As it went, we threw it away and ended up 7 points adrift and the rest is history.

Oh well, what's done is done, no point crying over spilt milk - roll on next season.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I think I'm going to like this story ...........
                    "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                    London Pride is a flower that's free.
                    London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                    And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

That was one of only two matches I couldn't watch live and it was agonizing following it on BBC text, I couldn't believe the shots on and at goal in the first half and yet we were level! Like many here I felt after the match our momentum had been crushed and we were doomed!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

could have the same effect on the Makems, they were all over the Villa the first 15 minutes, then too many of their players head dropped. That lazy git Johnson is whats wrong with English football, done the bare minimum. Watch the work ethic of the Germans tonight, 90 minutes of total commitment
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                          Very much like us V Liverpool last season wasn't it?
                          very much agree......we did more for that team than Lambert could have dream't of achieving

Comment

This was the game that condemned us IMHO. Letting our tivals have 3 points on us and gift wrapping them a fat pile of hope alonhg with it.
                            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                            X