No announcement yet.

I have a brain tumour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear about your sad news... stay strong and good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Toni German View Post
      Went to see my GP today.

She told me that although they are just monitoring the tumour at the moment, I should mentally prepare myself for either radiotherapy or surgery at some point in the future. I guess I already guessed that anyway.

I will have a choice of radiotherapy or surgery.

My question is this: If I am shyte-scared of surgery, is that a valid reason to opt for radiotherapy instead, even though this won't remove Mr Hughes, it will just stop him growing?

I've done a bit of research on the internet about the surgery and it sounds nasty - up to 8 hours in theatre with (statistically) a 2% chance that you won't wake up again. This is all for something that may or may not happen at some point in the future, but I feel I need to be thinking about it now so that if the time comes, I'll know which way to jump.
      Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Toni German View Post
        Went to see my GP today.

She told me that although they are just monitoring the tumour at the moment, I should mentally prepare myself for either radiotherapy or surgery at some point in the future. I guess I already guessed that anyway.

I will have a choice of radiotherapy or surgery.

My question is this: If I am shyte-scared of surgery, is that a valid reason to opt for radiotherapy instead, even though this won't remove Mr Hughes, it will just stop him growing?

I've done a bit of research on the internet about the surgery and it sounds nasty - up to 8 hours in theatre with (statistically) a 2% chance that you won't wake up again. This is all for something that may or may not happen at some point in the future, but I feel I need to be thinking about it now so that if the time comes, I'll know which way to jump.
        I would opt for the surgery ANY day mate....there is a chance with any surgery you wont wake up, any general has its risks and 2% is very slim. Get the surgery and get rid if needs be. Radiotherapy can be awful.

Comment

Working...
        X