I used to think...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used to think...

... that Flavio's rather clumsy hands-on approach to team affairs was the worst possible one. This season, I am no longer so sure. Would Flavio have tolerated the muppet Hughes for so long? Would he have allowed all those pointless mercenary purchases? "With Flavio we would not have reached the PL". But we did just that IMHO, got promoted with him still in charge, just taking a back seat as he learned from his mistakes and let a competent manager weave his magic. But had Warnock proved to be a dud, then what... Heresy, I know. Flavio was the devil incarnate. I am a WATRB mod hence I must have been his poodle, etc.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
    ... that Flavio's rather clumsy hands-on approach to team affairs was the worst possible one. This season, I am no longer so sure. Would Flavio have tolerated the muppet Hughes for so long? Would he have allowed all those pointless mercenary purchases? "With Flavio we would not have reached the PL". But we did just that IMHO, got promoted with him still in charge, just taking a back seat as he learned from his mistakes and let a competent manager weave his magic. But had Warnock proved to be a dud, then what... Heresy, I know. Flavio was the devil incarnate. I am a WATRB mod hence I must have been his poodle, etc.
    We'd have been relegated last year

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
      We'd have been relegated last year
      Thus probably making a saving compared to this season's revenue/money-down-the-drain ratio.
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Thus probably making a saving compared to this season's revenue/money-down-the-drain ratio.
        Oh you seen the books?....thank god you're here to tell us the facts.

Comment

So that would have been better????
          Sorry but I enjoyed the drama of staying up the way we did last season.

Comment

What has TF done to you?:pleasantsuprise: On a serious note; he is just trying to do his best(with the money we all would love to spend.)
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

He got lucky with us coming up. I am adamant to this day that the squad that came up if we are all honest with each other really should not have won the league let alone got promoted.

There is no way he can take the credit for that its simply down to Warnock, the players and the team unity that was built. From watching the four year plan it actually looked like when we were on the verge of sealing promotion he was trying to cut costs and ship out players to save money hence having to loan players like Miller and WR rather then investing.

No idea how the man has got where he has

Comment

Have you watched the Four Year Plan? Flavio wanted Warnock gone when we were top and started to slow down a bit. If that man was still here we'd have gone down last year,had at least 5 different managers by now and stuck in the bottom half of the NPC. He was a nightmare to work under for the managers and must have p*ssed off the players by walking into the changing rooms and telling them how to play.

Fernandes is new to football, it's a new challenge for him. He wasn't going to be the perfect chairman as soon as he came in, running an airline is very different to football. He'll learn from his mistakes and will take us on to bigger and better things in the future.
                "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                  Have you watched the Four Year Plan? Flavio wanted Warnock gone when we were top and started to slow down a bit. If that man was still here we'd have gone down last year,had at least 5 different managers by now and stuck in the bottom half of the NPC. He was a nightmare to work under for the managers and must have p*ssed off the players by walking into the changing rooms and telling them how to play.

Fernandes is new to football, it's a new challenge for him. He wasn't going to be the perfect chairman as soon as he came in, running an airline is very different to football. He'll learn from his mistakes and will take us on to bigger and better things in the future.

Comment

i think most of us agree we got promoted despite Flavio,not because of him

Comment

Working...
                    X