Redknapp sticking it to the players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
    Warnock lost the dressing room and could not handle the players and Hughes' transfers were awful. Not a very good combination.
    Hughes' transfers for the most part were fine, the issue people have is that he didn't realise where the issues lied but man for man, most of them were above 7/10 for me.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      Tbh I think you're stating the obvious. We all clearly know that Hughes spent poorly and bought a very average side with big money. He didn't sign enough strikers and packed the midfield.

However I am not going to ignore the last 6 months where a new manager came in and did have a transfer market to deliver. Yes it wasn't ever going to be an easy job but looking at the league table shows no improvement. He loves stating the players but does he think his 3m a year contract has been just? The bloke hasn't done enough for me and I only see a few posters agreeing. I think many have jumped on the sun campaign to make out he is a world class manager, when in truth he is very average and has a pretty average record. Thankfully for england he did not become manager
      I agree 100%. The whole Harry being so great has been a myth for years.

It amazes me how so many fans on here can be so naive as to suggest Harry is beyond any blame for our inevitable relegation. Let's look at some facts:

- People said Hughes failed as he didn;'t get a tune out of this squad..... Ditto Harry.

- People say he's improved us over Hughes, well hello, yes that was the minimum anyone should've done considering how poor our start was... it's not an achievement.

- Regardless where we were when he came in, we are now further adrift, meanig in his time, and plenty of it, he's been out performed by nearly all teams around us

- Harry was backed massively in the Jan window with topo expenditure allowed. People go on about Hughes signing certain players, but with so many free transfers (8 i think it was) do we really not think there was a mandate put to him before the window, ie, look for good quality Free's first. I fully expect the board thought this more managable as they expected to stay up and wages covered over the long term, and minimum initial outlay. Clearly this failed and they then dug deep for Harry.

- Harry's tactics and team selections at times have been baffling, not to mention when many players perform well he then drops them, sometimes from the squad completely.

- His obsession with playing Zamora while knmowing he's not fit enough and basically knowing he'll use up one of our 3 subs in pretty much every game, massively reducing out tactical options throughout. All this after Bothroyd had been playing very well and surely a better option at the time.

- Constant peeing about with an already shaky defence, summed up by Saturday playing Bosingwa (who had been good recently) out of position meaning he'd be average at best, to accommodate Onouha who's been shocking of late all the while when Fabio, who had been our best FB before beiung dropped for no reason (??!) sat on the bench... why not Fabio lb, Bosingwa RB.

There are plenty other things but i really can't be bothered.
      Last edited by Del; 15-04-2013, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Spot on Del and very well written.

Agree 200% with playing an unfit Zamora, he's been woeful and he shouldn't be playing in his current state.
        If he was never going to play Bothroyd then he had a chance to sign a 2nd striker he didn't so takes responsibility
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          Spot on Del and very well written.

Agree 200% with playing an unfit Zamora, he's been woeful and he shouldn't be playing in his current state.
          If he was never going to play Bothroyd then he had a chance to sign a 2nd striker he didn't so takes responsibility
          He did try to sign Oberwingie.

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
            He did try to sign Oberwingie.

Yeah, and also sanctioned the loan out of Campbell after naming him in the ****** 25... ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post

It amazes me how so many fans on here can be so naive as to suggest Harry is beyond any blame for our inevitable relegation. Let's look at some facts:

- People said Hughes failed as he didn;'t get a tune out of this squad..... Ditto Harry.

- People say he's improved us over Hughes, well hello, yes that was the minimum anyone should've done considering how poor our start was... it's not an achievement.

- Regardless where we were when he came in, we are now further adrift, meanig in his time, and plenty of it, he's been out performed by nearly all teams around us

- Harry was backed massively in the Jan window with topo expenditure allowed. People go on about Hughes signing certain players, but with so many free transfers (8 i think it was) do we really not think there was a mandate put to him before the window, ie, look for good quality Free's first. I fully expect the board thought this more managable as they expected to stay up and wages covered over the long term, and minimum initial outlay. Clearly this failed and they then dug deep for Harry.

- Harry's tactics and team selections at times have been baffling, not to mention when many players perform well he then drops them, sometimes from the squad completely.

- His obsession with playing Zamora while knmowing he's not fit enough and basically knowing he'll use up one of our 3 subs in pretty much every game, massively reducing out tactical options throughout. All this after Bothroyd had been playing very well and surely a better option at the time.

- Constant peeing about with an already shaky defence, summed up by Saturday playing Bosingwa (who had been good recently) out of position meaning he'd be average at best, to accommodate Onouha who's been shocking of late all the while when Fabio, who had been our best FB before beiung dropped for no reason (??!) sat on the bench... why not Fabio lb, Bosingwa RB.

Whilst I think you're a tad harsh on Harry it is hard to argue against any of your points! Ultimately it is the players who have truly let the club down and Hughes is more responsible for bringing in failures than Harry! I still think if Harry had this side sooner we would have had more of a chance of survival!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

Hard to know if we can blame harry for the january transfers....QPR was about as attractive as susan boyle in a pair of lace knickers and players 'didnt want to come'. We missed out on odemwingie and no doubt he would have netted a few for us; could have looked a bit different with another goal scorer on the pitch.

We needed Nelson to stay for a bit longer to help samba and hill get sorted at the back. Nelson's leadership at the back has been obvious, Hill is too emotional and doesnt have what it takes to keep the line and spirits up. He just slumps as soon as a goal goes in, the effect that has can be devastating.

Some of Harrys tactics have been questionable with changing the teams around for games. Bringing granero in for the everton game was just plain weird IMO. Leaving M'Bia out seems to be a punishment for the last minute goal against wigan but i dont think you have the luxury of doing that when you are fighting for survival. Formations as well have been slightly bizzare too. In our position we should be throwing the players up there to get goals not playing like we can be cagey.

Bringing townsend in was a big positive for HR but not enough to cover over the sh!te football other players have put out.
                Last edited by OneEyedWilly; 16-04-2013, 08:17 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=OneEyedWilly;1063117]We needed Nelson to stay for a bit longer to help samba and hill get sorted at the back. Nelson's leadership at the back has been obvious, Hill is too emotional and doesnt have what it takes to keep the line and spirits up. He just slumps as soon as a goal goes in, the effect that has can be devastating.

Leaving M'Bia out seems to be a punishment for the last minute goal against wigan but i dont think you have the luxury of doing that when you are fighting for survival. Formations as well have been slightly bizzare too. In our position we should be throwing the players up there to get goals not playing like we can be cagey.

QUOTE]

I thought that about M'Bia when I first read the team sheet but it seems more likely he was left out because of his total of 9 yellow cards and the impending amnesty for the rest of the season!
                  @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post

or maybe agents get percentages of wages rather than transfer fee's

Comment

Working...
                    X