The Sun – 120 Askew Road, London W12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sun – 120 Askew Road, London W12

The Sun – 120 Askew Road, London W12 ‘The Sun’ was one of the oldest pubs in the Borough and was included on a list in 1716. Although there may well be some confusion with another establishment in the Borough with the same name ? On 13th March, 1715 at the ‘Kings Arms’ in Fulham, the first annual list was made for 1716, it contained the names of 25 persons licensed to keep alehouses in Hammersmith, but apart from three … Continue reading →

More...

Used to have a couple in there a few times a week, mate lived across the road, a right dive just before it was closed down.

Comment

Yes mate before the Stoke home game a few years back Stan staggered in there after a full night on the spieler at 11am .. Slightly disheveled was our Stan. Last time I visited. Been shut for over 3 years and still intact.

Comment

My dad had a shop along the Askew road when i was a kid so remember the boozer well.....as i was normally found sitting outside with a bag of crisps and a coke :-)

Comment

Absolute dive was The Sun

Comment

once saw a bint in there who looked like popeye!
            you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

My mate knew the landlord so we used it as our match day drinker about 8-9 year ago. After a while the place was rammed with Rangers pre match, alot of disgruntled punters from the British Queen began straggling in there.

Might not have been plush like the poncy wine bars popping up everywhere but it served a decent pint, occasionally hired a barmaid that would put a smile on your face, it laid on a bit of complimentary grub for us all, had the football on the tv in 1 bar and the racing on in the other bar, had a pool table, jukebox and bogs that stunk of stale p 1ss.

What more do you want.

Comment

Worst in the area, which is saying something. Bring back The Greyhound, I say

Comment

askew road, my first address in the uk, when boy george was a super star, horrible time

Comment

Working...
                  X