3 Games, 2 Wins, 1 Loss, 7 Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
    Having beaten Southampton and Sunderland I would have taken draws away to Villa and Fulham. Now, if we beat Fulham we are better off than we would have been with those two draws so it's not all done yet! Obvious down side was Villa moving 7 clear and with Wigan cheating their way to 3 points made it worse but there is still a lot to happen. And to cap it all we played well and really should have won.
    I'm still believing, for now
    You have unfortunately contradicted yourself with these 2 comments.

If Villa were a midtable side it wouldn't of been such a devastating loss.

No way back from the position we are unless we show champions league form.

Agree we have been looking like a much better outfit but unfortunately it's all a little too late!

Infact I normally watch loads of football on sunday but I didn't even want to watch motd. A real sickening blow that has put me off football.

I am going to look for a new hobbies that's how bad I feel about it all
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      I recommend a game called "peg it & leg it". All you need is some fishing wire, a clothes peg & right immature side. You simply tie the fishing wire to the peg, attached the peg to somebody's house door knocker, hide yourself behind a bush outside (keeping hold of the fishing wire) and pull the wire as to knock on the door.

When the owner comes out and see's nobody there, they are slightly baffled but shut the door and, probably, blame it on them imagining hearing the door knock. This is when you strike again; knock as soon as the house owner has shut the door, thus sending him / her into a fit of rage when they open the door instantly only to be greeted with an empty door step, again.

Repeat until the houseowner reaches boiling point, and which time you jump out of the bush laughing your nuts off and "leg it".

My apologies to anybody living in the Ashford Common or Sunbury area between the years of 2003 and 2006 when this was common place in my group of borderline spastic friends.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        You have unfortunately contradicted yourself with these 2 comments.

If Villa were a midtable side it wouldn't of been such a devastating loss.

No way back from the position we are unless we show champions league form.

Agree we have been looking like a much better outfit but unfortunately it's all a little too late!

Infact I normally watch loads of football on sunday but I didn't even want to watch motd. A real sickening blow that has put me off football.

When the going gets tough eh?
        I think it was a dreadful weekend of results but if there is a postive at all it is that we are now looking like we can win games. If (and it is a big IF I know) we can win the next two, it is conceivable that we could be back to one or two behind with six games to play. We are actually only still two points behind where we were last season at this time.

Comment

A the end of the day we just need to pick up points. I feel the way we're playig we can get more than the like of Villa, Wigan, Saints and Sunderland before the final game to bring ourselves back into contention..... then let't not forget Wigan and Villa play the last game of the season so one or both will drop points. Yes we'll have a tall order final day at anfield, but if i'm sure we'll want it more than them and if we nicked an unlikely win who knows, depending on the others and where we all are the start of that final day.

I still think Readin are gone, plus Sunderland will drop and then one of us, Wigan, Villa and southampton....

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            I recommend a game called "peg it & leg it". All you need is some fishing wire, a clothes peg & right immature side. You simply tie the fishing wire to the peg, attached the peg to somebody's house door knocker, hide yourself behind a bush outside (keeping hold of the fishing wire) and pull the wire as to knock on the door.

When the owner comes out and see's nobody there, they are slightly baffled but shut the door and, probably, blame it on them imagining hearing the door knock. This is when you strike again; knock as soon as the house owner has shut the door, thus sending him / her into a fit of rage when they open the door instantly only to be greeted with an empty door step, again.

Repeat until the houseowner reaches boiling point, and which time you jump out of the bush laughing your nuts off and "leg it".

My apologies to anybody living in the Ashford Common or Sunbury area between the years of 2003 and 2006 when this was common place in my group of borderline spastic friends.
            Ahh, a new take on 'knock down ginger'!
            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
            Work Best When Open...
            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Another good one was set fire to a bag of dog **** on a doorstep, knock and run and hope they answer before the house burns down

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                Ahh, a new take on 'knock down ginger'!
                A more advanced & intellectually challenging version.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockoompah View Post
                  Another good one was set fire to a bag of dog **** on a doorstep, knock and run and hope they answer before the house burns down
                  Mate of mine done that with his own human $hit to a house down Woodthorpe Road in Ashford. Geezer went radio rental and drove around in his Vauxhall Vectra for the next 3 hours looking for us whilst we hid down the network of alley ways behind the Londis there. True story.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post

Did you ever get caught in the "leg it" part Matty?
                    @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                      Did you ever get caught in the "leg it" part Matty?
                      Nope - I was too smart of that mate. I always had one of these handy which was turbo charged with some NOS for those times the homeowner was abit of a fast farker.

Comment

Originally posted by Joon View Post
                        Our league record from the last 3 games: 2 wins, 1 loss, 7 goals.

Our league record from the entire season before that: 2 wins, 14 losses, 19 goals.

As it is, we may have shaped up just a few games too late, but our team is looking so strong now that we may hope to pull off some unexpected wins.

It's not over until it becomes mathematically impossible.
                        Good post Joon. My thought was that we needed 10 points from the 5 matches against Soton, Sunderland, Villa, Wigan, and Fulham to give ourselves a chance. It was a tough target because three are away. However, with 6 from 3 we are on target. It still may not be enough if other teams play well too, but there are many more twists and turns to come before it's over!
                        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Yep. Hope so. Worst thing about Saturday was not that we lost but that Villa won. Villa lose the next two and we win the next two then there's a point between us with six games left..... It's not in our hands though. Others have not to win.

Comment

Naturally a "must win" game is really only the case when its a mathmatical neccessity to be safe. But **** me we needed that one. Many posted that Villa wasnt a must win game because of games left and the pressure it put on players and staff... I was merely trying to make the point that we do have 4 or 5 must win games regardless of pressure and the sooner we can get them the better. Im rambling...

COYR's Foolham, Wigan, Reading, Stoke and Newcastle are more than winable!

OMG... Those first 3 games I mentioned are all on Sky... Not sure my heart will take it?!
                            Where can one find Bush Babes?

Comment

Working...
                            X