No announcement yet.

Should Anton play on Saturday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As others have said, Nelsen and Mbia should start. I'd also put Onuoha in ahead of him.

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
      Can't believe this is even up for debate. He's terrible. Liability.
      You could say about 8 players that have started any game this season have been liabilitys

Comment

Completely up to Hughes but if Mbia is ready to go then surely he and Nelson would be best option but Nelson has had a lot of travelling this week, so I think Anton will get the nod. Media are doing their best to stoak it all up again though and we really need to concentrate on the football at the moment.
        If true about Ferdinand and Cole etc though, it does make you think that the Ferdinand family really do think some lying has gone on, as surely they would have let this go otherwise.
        Funny how Terry keeps on going, leaving a trail of footballers in his wake, Bridge, Anton, Rio ..........all because of his own indiscretions !

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
          Completely up to Hughes but if Mbia is ready to go then surely he and Nelson would be best option but Nelson has had a lot of travelling this week, so I think Anton will get the nod. Media are doing their best to stoak it all up again though and we really need to concentrate on the football at the moment.
          If true about Ferdinand and Cole etc though, it does make you think that the Ferdinand family really do think some lying has gone on, as surely they would have let this go otherwise.
          Funny how Terry keeps on going, leaving a trail of footballers in his wake, Bridge, Anton, Rio ..........all because of his own indiscretions !
          The poll should have an option for No - becasue we have better players in his position now.

Anyway, as for the whole AF JT affair it's becoming a sideshow to what is an important match for us and it isnt beneficial. As for Ashley Cole, i'm not a fan of him as a person (bloody good player it has to be said though), but in this situation, he's been asked by one of his best mates to gie a character reference.... what was he likely to do, say no? He reportedly said he didn't want to be called to the court, but i guess he had little choice in the end.

Personally Anton shouldn't start ahead of Nelsena nd Mbia.

Comment

This could be the match for Anton to prove his doubters wrong??
            Last edited by Shania; 13-09-2012, 03:34 PM.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              This could be the match for Anton to silences his doubters??
              IF he is fit to play that is.
              Hahahahahahaha is this a joke?

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                This could be the match for Anton to silences his doubters??
                IF he is fit to play that is.
                TBH i'm not sure he has the mental strength to be able to focus on the actual match and not be distracted by other events. He struggles for concentration in games with far less to distract him than this fixture.

Comment

I see what you mean, Del. His abiltity to concentrate is somewhat dodgy. Torres and Hazard (if not manmarked and blocked thoroughly) might use him as a carousel.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

to think some wanted AF as captain ffs.

Comment

People are entitled to their views of course , but what is this Mbia thing none of us has seen him play we understand he is a good player tho ,but who is sure Hughs will use him as a center back his prefered possition is as a holding center mid field and that has been said to be his best possition ,Mobia and the Spanish lad might be the best option c/m to give Faulin a bit more time ,Nelson has been away Inter duty so missed team planning for most of the last fortnight so if it's Hughs choice to play Ferdinand behind Mbias cover why knock it

Comment

Has to be M'bia and Nelsen in the centre of defence, surely?

Comment

I personally think he was our best summer signing last year and always gives 100%. However this season he has been poor so it's gotta be Nelson and M'bia for me
                          http://twitter.com/#!/DBehar3

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
                            to think some wanted AF as captain ffs.
                            Each to their own, that´s the way of life.:=):
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Not a fan of Ferdinand, never have been. he was an improvement to start with, but that wasnt hard really when you have players like Fitz Hall. Ferdinand is not good enough in the air, and we leak far too many goals with him in the side. Hes not the worst player in the world, but surely Nelson and Mbia should start ahead (assuming Nelson is fit).

Comment

Totally agree, Ferdinand was an improvement on what we had, but surely the whole idea is to keep improving and to become established in the premier league and crack on from there.
                                Unfortunately, long term, Anton falls short of where we need to be. Decent bloke and all that but not consistently good enough.
                                The goals against column is surely evidence enough.
                                There is no doubt we now have the quality going forward but that's no good if we continue to ship goals
                                Originally posted by Dando View Post
                                Not a fan of Ferdinand, never have been. he was an improvement to start with, but that wasnt hard really when you have players like Fitz Hall. Ferdinand is not good enough in the air, and we leak far too many goals with him in the side. Hes not the worst player in the world, but surely Nelson and Mbia should start ahead (assuming Nelson is fit).

Comment

Working...
                                X