Realistic view of aspirations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
    we have only just scraped survival in the prem , cant see a miraculous turn around to being this all conquering team that sweeps the big guns away to win silverware. I would be happy with around 10th place and building the club
    Agree if I was only talking about next season, but I mean the next era of our club. It's important that MH is manager in 5 years time, as I see that as a good foundation for success here.
    QPR, remember that name, you'll be cursing it later

Comment

I'm one who believes....that we are gonna be a force !!

Comment

I believe there are 4 or 5 clubs who are too far ahead of the others to make it realistic to expect to win a trophy.

Comment

Highly unlikely, although if Hughes shows the cup competitions more respect than warnock did, you never know!

Comment

I dont expect to at all, but I dont see any reason why we couldnt win the Carling Cup. Yes, I know teams like City and Arsenal's 2nd strings are very good sides, but, give us a couple of years, who knows what sort of side we have. I certainly wouldnt be too suprised if we did start having some strong cup runs in the coming years.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

We have probably the worst FA cup record in the football league over the last 10 years. Carling Cup hasn't been much better.

Unfortunately we are the complete opposite of a cup team

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Planet View Post
                We have probably the worst FA cup record in the football league over the last 10 years. Carling Cup hasn't been much better.

Unfortunately we are the complete opposite of a cup team
                See, for me, that has QPR win the FA cup all over it. To from 3rd round exits to competition winners is truly a very 'QPR' thing to do, IMHO of course.

When have QPR ever stuck to the script?
                QPR, remember that name, you'll be cursing it later

Comment

Screw ''the last 10 years'', we are a totally different club now, and work is under progress. In 3 years time we won't be able to compare the ''old'' qpr to the ''new''. Who cares about our record from the last 10 years??

Comment

We don't want to win the Carling Cup. Clubs that do often go down.

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
                      We don't want to win the Carling Cup. Clubs that do often go down.
                      Last time we won the league cup, we were promoted shortly after.

Comment

we wont win nothing, I would be happy finishing mid table

Comment

I believe we win a trophy in the next 5 years.

Comment

I think we should aim to stay up again, just building on what we did last season. Stay up comfortably and next season push on and try and win some silverware.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                              we have only just scraped survival in the prem , cant see a miraculous turn around to being this all conquering team that sweeps the big guns away to win silverware. I would be happy with around 10th place and building the club
                              It for the next 5 years not next season

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                                I think we should aim to stay up again, just building on what we did last season. Stay up comfortably and next season push on and try and win some silverware.
                                I would be happy to be an established Prem side for a few years rather than win a trophy.

We need to build slowly and not try to run before we can walk.

Comment

Working...
                                X