Austin out Washington in both done on the quiet with no fuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
    Not sure if I am reading this the wrong way, but hasnt he got 14 in his last 17? Or something similar.
    if thats the case then i hold my hands up buddy. i read that 2 in 16 from somewhere this morning.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
      if thats the case then i hold my hands up buddy. i read that 2 in 16 from somewhere this morning.
      I've got it here saying 10 goals and 3 assists in his last 15
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        I've got it here saying 10 goals and 3 assists in his last 15
        thanks nasser, what about the previous 15 games?

#holdingbothhandsup
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

jury is out at the moment mate. did we make a good buy of 3/3.5mil for a league1 player who has scored 2 goals in his last 16 matches?

im backing him but there is always that chance the old uncle bungle could of had his trousers pulled down yet again. this time by barry fry.

would hate to think that we could have got wells for that price.

#waitandsee
          Not sure why you've brought TF into the conversation when clearly this thread is about how we've done our business. My guess this signing is a decision made by Les and JFH.
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

jury is out at the moment mate. did we make a good buy of 3/3.5mil for a league1 player who has scored 2 goals in his last 16 matches?

im backing him but there is always that chance the old uncle bungle could of had his trousers pulled down yet again. this time by barry fry.

#waitandsee
            At least get your facts reasonably close before slating our new signing. #sticktotwitter

Comment

#waitandsee
              What is it with you and Nahki "Farking" Wells?

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Plenty on here moaning about club being run like a circus having our trousers pulled down and missing out on millions of pounds but both these deals seem to have been done quietly and professionally

So begs the question is this a sign of us now actually operating both professionally and with a bit of forward planning and thinking as I cannot believe the Washington deal was put together since Saturday so if we have structured and planned Austin's exit suerly that's a positive sign of what we keep getting told about 'lessons learned'

Views????
                Here's my view, no good for the forums, but I'd have this all day every day if it means we're moving in the right direction.

Job vacancies for ITK wannabees.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                  Here's my view, no good for the forums, but I'd have this all day every day if it means we're moving in the right direction.

Job vacancies for ITK wannabees.
                  TBF Moon Safari came awfully close to getting it perfect
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

A fella I work with supports Southend and rigorously follows the lower divisions, ie he ain't obsessed with the premier league like most, anyway he reckons we have got ourselves a real decent player and one he reckons will make the step up no problem. Says he is not a target man but is a clever player and some one who always shows for the ball and makes good runs behind the defence.

That's just his opinion but he is no mug he does talk sense so he has given me real optimism.

As for the way the deal was done yeah I agree it didnt drag on and on like before so we have to look at that as a positive.

Comment

To answer the post. I think yet again we have done some great business. For all those people who want to ##### about what Les does. Well this is it. Run the club the most professionally it has been since Tony has taken over. Following what I believe was a very good summer window. We seem to be sticking to a set plan of bring in up and coming players. The club aren't making the mistakes we have before. We still have to get rid of a few players which won't be easy fingers crossed we keep bring in these young and up coming players to replace them when they go.

Comment

thanks nasser, what about the previous 15 games?

#holdingbothhandsup
                        Slightly different mate to to just 2 goals in last 16 games
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Spurs want £14m for Townsend....... £4m for Charlie. Someone's having a laugh. Why do I think it isn't Levy?

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                            Spurs want £14m for Townsend....... £4m for Charlie. Someone's having a laugh. Why do I think it isn't Levy?
                            Young, scores goals, played for England, plenty of Prem football = high price tag!... though tbf mate if he was playing in the Championship you could easily half (or more) that price tag... tbh Id still like him here but for nowhwere near that price!.. £14m for him and £4m for Austin certainly aint right!!!
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by blue and white View Post
                              To answer the post. I think yet again we have done some great business. For all those people who want to ##### about what Les does. Well this is it. Run the club the most professionally it has been since Tony has taken over. Following what I believe was a very good summer window. We seem to be sticking to a set plan of bring in up and coming players. The club aren't making the mistakes we have before. We still have to get rid of a few players which won't be easy fingers crossed we keep bring in these young and up coming players to replace them when they go.
                              Spot on. Everyone always wants to slate in hindsight, but have to say i couldn't have wanted us to do any more in these circumstances. Looks like a good signing and all doen under the radar and quickly. Well done LF, TF AND JFH

Comment

Working...
                              X