Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

panic buying and we seem to be massive culprits of it

Comment

Transfer deadlines favour the bigger sides, who can carry bigger squads, and causes smaller clubs lot's of problems.
      Basically they can get the best youngsters to pack out their squads

Comment

Shouldn't be abolished, i enjoy it personally.
        As said already though, moving it is a good idea. Transfer window should span pre-season and not go into the new season imo. January is obviously different.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Besides, this season we can use the loan window can't we?
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
            the club may choose to sell at the last minute for whatever reason, but that is their choice.
            I do take your point Buffalo, however it is not entirely the club's choice when, for example, the asking price has been met (at the 11th hour), and the player also wants the move.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              I do take your point Buffalo, however it is not entirely the club's choice when, for example, the asking price has been met (at the 11th hour), and the player also wants the move.
              Yea, I understand. But I really don't get why clubs state an asking price in the first place. There are other ways of letting it be known that a player is potentially available for sale without naming a price. That way they can at least turn down late offers without looking stupid. Or at least state a price that is valid until, say, two weeks before the window shuts. It's not rocket science and it should be manageable.

Also, if the player is not prepared to see out his contract for whatever reason, that is a problem with the player, not the transfer window. Obviously not the #rightsort. The players get away with far too much IMO and have too many greedy agents whispering in their ears.....

It's a tough one but, as I said, most of the problems are not really down to the transfer window itself, it's the way that clubs and players manage it.
              "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Working...
              X