Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report: Rio Ferdinand at a reported £80K per week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Rio Ferdinand at a reported £80K per week?

Have we learnt f acking nothing?????? Guardian story:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...harry-redknapp
    Yes
    31.25%
    No
    68.75%

The poll is expired.

My main objections:
    1. He is crocked.
    2. 80K a week is crazy. Is anybody else willing to pay him that? If not, then it is over the odds - the same mistake we keep making.

Would obviously improve our squad if healthy and wants to play for us though.
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Think the word ...could..tells us the authenticity of this mate tbh......Just guess work, putting 2 & 2 together

Comment

had one great ferdinand ....one poop one.....do the math!
        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

In fairness to the Guardian (which isn't my paper of choice) it rarely flies kites. I'm pretty sure Harry will take RF and pay him that. We have to wait to see if TF will agree.

Comment

Right my view on this would be I'd take him... but on a 2 yr contract at the most, and most importantly half that wage. Hope Tony doesn't shell out those kind of wages on Rio

Comment

I don't know where I heard this, but hasn't TF nixed the move in one way or another? No way for those wages, cut that in half, then maybe.

Comment

12 month contract with 12 month option if we stay up at £50k a week.

Take it or fark off.

Comment

Probably legs to the story, but I think the comment "salary of up to £80k" could be taken as the wage could be broken down, ie £40k basic and £40k if he's fit an available for selection that week.

His fitness is the only concern, because if fit he has class no doubt, so if such a deal was made I'd be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    Have we learnt f acking nothing?????? Guardian story:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...harry-redknapp
                    Quite right. And there's still fans happy for the club to pay him 40-50k a week? WTF?

He's lost his pace which used to get him out of trouble. Fergie said because of this he had to drastically alter his game.

Do I want the club paying some old has-been with a bad back 50k a week? No I don't. I don't care how good he might have been in the past. Those days are well and truly gone.
                    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Never going to happen, not in a million years, no way!! Makes me laugh though how many people take certain headlines so seriously.
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I've actually been reading Redknapp's autobiography these last few weeks. The way he bangs on about Rio Ferdinand, Joe Cole & Frank Lampard in the book and how top class they are, there is absolutely no way that he isn't trying to sign all 3 in my opinion!

To be fair I wouldn't mind seeing Lampard and Ferdinand here on short deals but 80k is too much. We are small club, if they wanna come here for half that plus extras for goals and appearances that's fair game in my book. It's not like they need the money, both are multi-millionaires already!

Comment

When are we going to start building a team rather than stop gaps.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
                            When are we going to start building a team rather than stop gaps.
                            Agreed. What's the combined age of those three? Got to be over a hundred. Some people are obsessed with us buying "names". Old has-beens looking for a last big payday in my book.
                            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

is he relatively fast? I havn´t followed this player so closely for a few years now.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X