Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
    Just can't see us going up from here.

Playoffs best and don't even wanna think about a two-legger vs someone like Burnley Forest or Derby. Horrid.

We've been performing shite all season, only Chas getting us out of it on a weekly basis. Redknapp has really had no plan b at all. 'play thru Carroll' he said. Joker.

Think Harry should be shown the door at the end of the season whatever happens.

Me and you both!!
    That wish will come true believe me. Even if he jacks it in and isn't tin- tacked.

Comment

Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
      Not saying get rid of Bagpuss BUT doesn't every one of us want to watch the R's playing a different style ?
      That's not my point, my point was if we get a new manager now IMO there would be to much change in to much of a short period for the players to get used to.

Whether or not that is a good thing is for a different thread.
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Noddy to make lots of stupid excuses when we f ail to get promoted

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
          That's not my point, my point was if we get a new
          manager now IMO there would be to much change in to much of a short period for the players to get used to.

Whether or not that is a good thing is for a different thread.
          Well TBF the players have had well over a year to get used to HR and they haven't sorted it yet so who's to say things wouldn't be better with a new broom sweeping through ?
          "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
          For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Maybe this is going to be like the 2002/03 season, where we reached the play-off finals, but didn't leap the final hurdle. Then the following season, we were promoted back to the Championship. I think anyone would take that (but one division higher of course), especially if it meant we went up with a well-integrated and settled squad. The problem is, Harry has been going for instant promotion all season, instead of having - at least - a 2 year plan. Had this been clearly laid out at the start of the season, that it was NOT imperative to get back up at the first attempt, then we would all have had a far more relaxing season, without, I'm sure, this loan insanity and with far more use of our talented youngsters.

As it is, this 'get us up at all costs' mentality has apparently backfired, possibly to our long-term detriment. I think TF has been unrealistic in this, and still far too eager to back his manager's taste for more and more options, instead of working with what we've already got. Time will tell off course, and we may well still go up either automatically or via the play-offs, but the sense that the team is a shambles at the moment seems (almost) all-pervading amongst our fans.

Comment

From our current position, I think we would probably be able to secure a spot in the playoffs with or without HR. It would be challenging to secure promotion but entirely possible, either way.

I do think HR needs to stay until the end of the season because changing the manager is high-risk. There is of course the possibility that a new manager may be able to improve team performance immediately, but chances are higher that the sudden change would disrupt and hurt performance in the short-term, as well as chances of promotion this season.

Long-term, I think some of the managers being discussed would do better than HR, but probably not in the short-term. It's still HR's team at the moment.

Comment

Working...
              X