Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you want our club involved in this? (Far East related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only way you're going to be a "global brand" in Korea or Japan is if you actually have their nationals on the squad. This is strictly for the Northeast Asian countries. the third-world southeast asian nations like the folks shown in the link are what you call hardcore plastics, the fact that none of their nationals are in any of their favorite teams displays their lack of dignity.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
      We are advertising season tickets because we havent sold enough and we have a huge wage bill. I am talking about investing in the youth for our future fanbase. "Kids go Free" and "Kids For a Pound" etc and instead of trying to become a global brand how about a becoming a local football club that the local kids would find attractive to support and is inexpensive to let them get a taste. Get them in and get them hooked which is probably how quite a few of our current fanbase became the loyal fans they are today. Marketing is fine if it is marketing for the good of the club's future and not just about some millionaires airline and F1 team over in Asia or India or wherever the **** Tony's airline is looking to go to next. Three hundred local kids hooked and coming to games for the future or three thousand Koreans or Indians thousands of miles away buying shirts ? no brainer for me....but then thats because i am a fan and and only the clubs interests to me are paramount.
      Well said v.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

This global brand may not bring fans from here, but it's already bringing in sponsorship such as "Nexon". Any extra money helps mate.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
          thats well put v.
          Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Well said v.
          chanks guys...

Comment

chanks guys...
            no plobbblemm vietnamblock...f l ucking roundeyes...
            PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Comment

We are advertising season tickets because we havent sold enough and we have a huge wage bill. I am talking about investing in the youth for our future fanbase. "Kids go Free" and "Kids For a Pound" etc and instead of trying to become a global brand how about a becoming a local football club that the local kids would find attractive to support and is inexpensive to let them get a taste. Get them in and get them hooked which is probably how quite a few of our current fanbase became the loyal fans they are today. Marketing is fine if it is marketing for the good of the club's future and not just about some millionaires airline and F1 team over in Asia or India or wherever the **** Tony's airline is looking to go to next. Three hundred local kids hooked and coming to games for the future or three thousand Koreans or Indians thousands of miles away buying shirts ? no brainer for me....but then thats because i am a fan and and only the clubs interests to me are paramount.
                V, has it STILL not occurred to you that kids aren't interested in following teams that are playing in the lower leagues, that have no 'star' players, that play in rundown stadiums?

When TF bought into QPR he said the club was a hidden gem. We play in the right part of the world's greatest city with massive potential.

Nobody will argue that we don't have a loyal if small fan base, but we have to build on that, and the only way we can do that is to be successful. How are we going to inject much needed investment in the club relying on 300 kids from the area at a quid a go? Yes it's a good idea to try and attract locals, but we need to do a lot more than that.

Are local kids going to want to watch Fulham or Chelsea in bigger and better stadiums in a better division with better players, or come to watch a lower league team? We have to get the right balance.

I want QPR to have better training facilities and an academy that produces talented players, and I want these talented players playing in a modern, iconic stadium that is a landmark in a great city. None of this is possible on a 'kid a quid' marketing strategy. Football is a global game and like all businesses we either grow or die. Who'd have thought 20-30 years ago Fulham would leave us miles behind?

Tapping into the Asian market will bring millions of pounds worth of investment into the club. If we don't take it, another club will and we'll get left even further behind.

Is that what you want?
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                  V, has it STILL not occurred to you that kids aren't interested in following teams that are playing in the lower leagues, that have no 'star' players, that play in rundown stadiums?

When TF bought into QPR he said the club was a hidden gem. We play in the right part of the world's greatest city with massive potential.

Nobody will argue that we don't have a loyal if small fan base, but we have to build on that, and the only way we can do that is to be successful. How are we going to inject much needed investment in the club relying on 300 kids from the area at a quid a go? Yes it's a good idea to try and attract locals, but we need to do a lot more than that.

Are local kids going to want to watch Fulham or Chelsea in bigger and better stadiums in a better division with better players, or come to watch a lower league team? We have to get the right balance.

I want QPR to have better training facilities and an academy that produces talented players, and I want these talented players playing in a modern, iconic stadium that is a landmark in a great city. None of this is possible on a 'kid a quid' marketing strategy. Football is a global game and like all businesses we either grow or die. Who'd have thought 20-30 years ago Fulham would leave us miles behind?

Tapping into the Asian market will bring millions of pounds worth of investment into the club. If we don't take it, another club will and we'll get left even further behind.

Is that what you want?
                  this is true.......go to the very streets qpr started....or where they are located now and you'll be lucky if its an English team they support....its barcalona... real or Bayern.
                  sports shops sell man u, man city, Chelsea barca, and real shirts. no west ham, west brom or spurs

Comment

But you need a sense of realism, man utd, liverpool, arsenal are huge in the far east due to their history.

Chelsea and City are growing in these markets due to their owners spending close to a billion on buying success.

Us however get gates of 17k, are relegated and are generally rubbish. The far east marketing is clearly for the benefit of marketing for "other" businesses, which I have no problem with, if the owner who has ploughed in millions, is a good bloke and treated fans especially s/t holders with respect then he can do what he wants. But stop kidding ourselves the far east venture is to expand brand QPR, we ain't utd or Real.

The idea that building the club up locally, isn't something to be frowned on. The new owner of Fulham is building his vision of Fulham on this. Even Al Fayed, concentrated on expanding Fulhams fanbase by getting in neutrals, the advantage of London is a massive population (often including people with no allegiances or are far from their own club), get a good stable team togther and take care of the loyal fans and get in neutrals and small clubs like Fulham prove they can flourish.

The idea that our future lies in the far east, with Park and Bosingwa getting mobbed and hero worshipped on par with RVP or Ronaldo is just delusional IMHO.
                    Last edited by TBLOCKRANGER; 21-07-2013, 05:13 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

I don't think its an either/or situation and I don't think the board do.....if we're not big in asia...its time we tried, at home the training ground, stadium plans are indicators that
                      the board want a solid base...TF always says it...he repeated it in the video when he had the camera on. rome wasn't built in a day...if you cant match the big clubs revenues,
                      you cant match them on the pitch

Comment

Working...
                      X