Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who still don't quite have a grasp of what's actually going on

From DaveMc on twitter (talking about F&B plans for club):

"strategy is to re-brand QPR as a boutique club and the place to be seen. For that they don't need to placate current fans"

Buy stuff. Don't buy stuff. It doesn't matter to them. Buy a ST, they'd rather you didn't. There is no place for LSA, 1st, or anyone else trying to gain influence with them. They may talk to you if you've got enough money to provide sponsorship. No legroom in SAR isn't a problem if you're going to fill it with Japanese tourists.

There is now eff all that we fans can do about all this. Other than bend over the barrel and take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie's Barnet View Post
      For those who still don't quite have a grasp of what's actually going on

From DaveMc on twitter (talking about F&B plans for club):

"strategy is to re-brand QPR as a boutique club and the place to be seen. For that they don't need to placate current fans"

Buy stuff. Don't buy stuff. It doesn't matter to them. Buy a ST, they'd rather you didn't. There is no place for LSA, 1st, or anyone else trying to gain influence with them. They may talk to you if you've got enough money to provide sponsorship. No legroom in SAR isn't a problem if you're going to fill it with Japanese tourists.

There is now eff all that we fans can do about all this. Other than bend over the barrel and take it.
      Of course there is. Bernie doesn't like his business spouted all over the media. Especially negative connotations. Bad for sponsors/F1 business. You need to peacefully protest where it will irk his, and FB's attention, i.e. F1.

There are ways and means.....

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
        Of course there is. Bernie doesn't like his business spouted all over the media. Especially negative connotations. Bad for sponsors/F1 business. You need to peacefully protest where it will irk his, and FB's attention, i.e. F1.

There are ways and means.....
        With respect, what negative connotations? From a biz point of view, they are looking to maximise revenue by "upgrading" the demographic of those who attend LR. Low capacity with expensive ticketing and sell out attendances, if you think you can achieve it, why not?

Longstanding fans being priced out of attending Prem games is hardly a new issue, most of the neanderthals have now been banished from the **** using just this strategy.

Comment

Football supporters, especially well marshalled fans groups, still have HUGE currency in the media. Any form of disruption to Bernie's core activities would inevitably draw a huge audience with some following awkward questioning.

If BE/FB want to dress it up as a boutique type club, it's nothing more than ethnic cleansing by another name. What I'm trying to say is, if you get the story (and there is one), back in the media in the right targeted areas, we WILL get answers to our questions. All this handwringing and saying "there's nothing we can do", is bull. Loads you can do if the desire is really there.

Comment

should contact that palarse rabel and see what they sudgest.They seemed quite organized.Spotty as **** though.
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Steve - thanks for answering - much appreciated. What were that LSA committee's thoughts on trying to get a member on to the OSC committee? Surely it's better influence from the inside rather than lob bottles over the gate?
              I think that is one of the ideas behind calling an OSC EGM and to find out how they are elected. Maybe there should be someone from each supporters group on the OSC Committee.

Comment

Hi Steve, apologies that I couldnt get there yesterday - had massive personal shizzle that i had going on. But I think you know I agree with yours and the LSAs standpoint.

If you need any help re facebook/twitter etc I am more than willing to help out.

Comment

Well I'm not a member of the LSA but I am one of those people that buys two shirts a season and usually can't help but buy some other piece of badged tat or another on every visit to the ground.

I'm not buying any merchandise until I see at least an attempt buy the club to improve relations with the fans.

This will be the first shirt since the early 90's that I haven't bought as soon as it's released. I know my actions alone won't make a difference to Briatore and Ecclestone, it's only about £200 of revenue they'll be losing from me. Even if all fans follow suit I doubt they'll care. It will make me feel I'm doing something other than helplessly moaning on message boards though.

Some action is better than none. I would hope that everyone reads the LSA statement before making any purchases.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellerslie View Post
                    Well I'm not a member of the LSA but I am one of those people that buys two shirts a season and usually can't help but buy some other piece of badged tat or another on every visit to the ground.

I'm not buying any merchandise until I see at least an attempt buy the club to improve relations with the fans.

This will be the first shirt since the early 90's that I haven't bought as soon as it's released. I know my actions alone won't make a difference to Briatore and Ecclestone, it's only about £200 of revenue they'll be losing from me. Even if all fans follow suit I doubt they'll care. It will make me feel I'm doing something other than helplessly moaning on message boards though.

Some action is better than none. I would hope that everyone reads the LSA statement before making any purchases.
                    Well done mate and lets hope that kind of positivity snowballs because if we were all to try and unite for once and not just scoff at ideas proposed then who knows they might and I stress might take notice

As I alluded to earlier there are some other potential plans in the pipeline but I think its only fair I let the LSA announce them as and when they feel the time is right

Comment

You dont suddenly create 100000 of anything overnight Jethro

Gandhi was just one man at the start of his protest, he did something very very simple, it caught on and grew.

just because the odds are stacked against you it doesnt mean you shouldnt try

Good grief man did you never watch "the flashing blade" on a saturday morning
                      its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Football supporters, especially well marshalled fans groups, still have HUGE currency in the media. Any form of disruption to Bernie's core activities would inevitably draw a huge audience with some following awkward questioning.

If BE/FB want to dress it up as a boutique type club, it's nothing more than ethnic cleansing by another name. What I'm trying to say is, if you get the story (and there is one), back in the media in the right targeted areas, we WILL get answers to our questions. All this handwringing and saying "there's nothing we can do", is bull. Loads you can do if the desire is really there.
                        ^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by indianalondon View Post
                          Hi Steve, apologies that I couldnt get there yesterday - had massive personal shizzle that i had going on. But I think you know I agree with yours and the LSAs standpoint.

If you need any help re facebook/twitter etc I am more than willing to help out.
                          Thanks for the offer, when I get stuck I'll be in touch.

Comment

shame there was a low turnout
                            however as tracy said..fathers day
                            also day before was vics' 60th and there was a big wedding too, which def affected turnout
                            we tried to change date because of this....and it didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
                              Good grief man did you never watch "the flashing blade" on a saturday morning
                              "You've got to fight for what you want and all that you believe...."

Comment

exactly
                                its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Working...
                                X