Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSA Statement

STATEMENT FROM QPR LSA

The LSA wrote to our Club Chairman and major shareholders on June 1st requesting an urgent meeting to discuss the high rise in ticket prices and the failure to reward loyal fans with a discount.

The club, however, met solely with the Official Supporters Club (snubbing the LSA) but has not given a response to the OSC or our fans regarding points raised regarding price increases.

We reluctantly advise members of the LSA, which is the largest voluntary paid membership organisation of any QPR fans' group, that relations have broken down between the LSA and the club. Therefore until relations are restored between the club and our fans, we recommend, as a protest, that our members decline to buy any merchandise from the club shop or any club publications. Instead we recommend they should donate money to QPR in the Community Trust.

We urge the club to call an urgent meeting with all fans' groups so that we can resolve the breakdown in trust and relations between QPR and its fans.

We however pledge our undying support for our team and its manager Mr Warnock.

Good statement but what I said on a never post until we one voice the owners who ever they are now, or in the future will never listen because we not one. Yes they the largest voluntary but don't carry the most of the fans as they people just go to the games and go home. We need to start getting together and fight as one group.

Comment

Originally posted by maccatwo View Post
      Good statement but what I said on a never post until we one voice the owners who ever they are now, or in the future will never listen because we not one. Yes they the largest voluntary but don't carry the most of the fans as they people just go to the games and go home. We need to start getting together and fight as one group.
      Could not agree with you more mate but unfortunatly we have too many fans with massive egos who will want to be at the front of things

Comment

Sounds like the end for LSA.

If they are being ignored then there should of been discussion's about a select few to join the OSC, that at least has some clout.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          Sounds like the end for LSA.

If they are being ignored then there should of been discussion's about a select few to join the OSC, that at least has some clout.
          Not the end of the LSA whatsoever and what clout exactly do you think the OSC has and what do they actually do for us?

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
            Not the end of the LSA whatsoever and what clout exactly do you think the OSC has and what do they actually do for us?
            My point is that there needs to be 1 voice. It sounds like the OSC are the only 1's that they are willing to listen to. I would rather a select few left the LSA but still had discussions with both party's otherwise you will find the LSA is pointless and the input is not getting heard.
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

The only language the owners understand is MONEY ££££..

All of these non effective , splintered groups ,i'm afraid will have and continue to do so ; NO effect on our owners.
              Remember you are the "£20 fan", nothing has changed except you are the £72 fan still with no say.

You're seat will quite happily be taken by a Jap tourist or even an away fan..
              Flav & Bernie DO NOT CARE , as long as the seat is filled by a paying spectator.

The sooner all these powder puff supporters groups realise this , the better..
              I admire the groups for their effort, dont get me wrong and fair play for trying...

The simple fact remains, until the club has new owners, you are fighting a war you simply wont win. And thats the way it is.

Comment

well my vote is with the LSA and not the OSC...wtf has the OSC ever done for fans??

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                  You're seat will quite happily be taken by a Jap tourist or even an away fan.
                  If the club sell seats to away fans or gobby tourist in SAR, what come back is there when the inevitable happens, as I am sure that would infringe some sort of PL segregation rule and SAR can not be designated a 'friendly' stand or whatever they call it at Fulham, as they have already sold ST's to home fans.

Comment

There were of course other ideas discussed and proposed for future action which I am sure the LSA Commttie will let everyone know about in due course

The sad thing though is that some are extremely quick to slate the LSA both on this site and elsewhere and yet could not be bothered of course to get off their #### and attend the meeting or propose any suggestions

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                      There were of course other ideas discussed and proposed for future action which I am sure the LSA Commttie will let everyone know about in due course

The sad thing though is that some are extremely quick to slate the LSA both on this site and elsewhere and yet could not be bothered of course to get off their #### and attend the meeting or propose any suggestions
                      Because its a pointless waste of time mate...

The not buying merchandise was a decent idea and will hurt them much more than a few rangers superfans spitting their dummy's out.

The other problem is, only those who turned up and the few thousand who use a messageboard ( of which hundreds are based abroad or dont even go) wont have an effect, as its a small percentage of our fan base.

I commend those for trying but it we need sit back and let happen what is going to happen as Bernie and Flav dont give a f uck, and the more we **** them off, the less they will do for our club.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                        well my vote is with the LSA and not the OSC...wtf has the OSC ever done for fans??
                        Well said

Comment

I'm fully behind the LSA & as a paying member I fully agree with they're stance regardless if it hits home with the club or not.

Its the start of something & that's better than nothing. Only problem is everyone will still rush out to purchase their ST before the deadline so in effect the club still wins this battle.

Agree about merchandise but that should also extend to food & drink inside the ground also. Hitting them in the pocket is the only thing that will make them take notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                            Because its a pointless waste of time mate...

The not buying merchandise was a decent idea and will hurt them much more than a few rangers superfans spitting their dummy's out.

The other problem is, only those who turned up and the few thousand who use a messageboard ( of which hundreds are based abroad or dont even go) wont have an effect, as its a small percentage of our fan base.

I commend those for trying but it we need sit back and let happen what is going to happen as Bernie and Flav dont give a f uck, and the more we **** them off, the less they will do for our club.
                            Sadly, Jeffro is correct with every word he says. Not an LSA member, so I don't know for sure, but I believe someone mentioned that they have a membership of around 1000. On its own, this does not make any action they take as a group significant enough to register with F&B. I rather think that if every fan refused to buy merchandise, food, drink etc from the club, it probably wouldn't make any difference to these two tbh.

The only silver lining is that we all know neither of these two are really that committed to QPR long term, and we can only hope that they go sooner rather than later, as the longer they are here, the more likely irretrievable damage will be done to the club. But like Jeffro, I don't believe we as fans can do much to move them along without also harming the team.

Comment

Is it not at all feasible to get one or two prominent and articulate LSA members on to the OSC board? I've never seen any documentation with regard to elections to the OSC board or even know how or whom to approach in getting this done. It's not transparent and with the best will in the world, top notch fans as they are, Pat etc... are never going to rock the boat.

Comment

Working...
                              X