Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
    Pete, you're not getting it.

If you are a committee you have to be ELECTED. There has been no vote from the members for these people. They have given themselves a job. If they are going to represent its members it has to be accountable and transparent of which it's not.

The LSA is an elected body. It only had it's AGM at the Leeds game. They are accountable and are transparent.

The OSC might do some good things but they have to do things that the members have voted them in to do.

Being a member I want them to do certain things, but I have never been asked.

So it's no surprise to see one of its unelected committee members win the club's supporter of the year...........whole thing stinks.

Did the 2 Hampshire's, 2 Favell's and 2 Patterson's contribute to your concerns ?

Not that it matters to me really, never once heard from the OSC. Just a shame I never had the opportunity to vote for Ian.

Comment

Probably one for the Electoral Commission to get their teeth into.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
        No worries on that.

If you are a season ticket holder or member you have every right to ask questions.

Its the ones that are not and never will be, I have problems with.

Hope that clears that up
        The more fans who question the set up of the OSC the better I reckon

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
          The more fans who question the set up of the OSC the better I reckon
          I wish he'd just say that today is Saturday, so that someone will agree with him.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            I wish he'd just say that today is Saturday, so that someone will agree with him.
            Would he get the day right though?

Comment

KLR

I'm not the one questioning the OSC you are.

Some are under illusions the OSC is some kind of spokes group for the fan base. I would say all groups play their part but the OSC have always been a group who work to promote the club or organise charity stuff.

They are not and never been an orgnisation who speak on behalf of a group or all of the fan base.

May come a time when they need to be, but at the moment we have enough groups for that not to happen
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                No worries on that.

If you are a season ticket holder or member you have every right to ask questions.

Its the ones that are not and never will be, I have problems with.

Hope that clears that up
                To be fair though Pete and you may have missed it i(f you are referring to the e-mail TerryB from the Report site sent the club and OSC) he has been a season ticket holder for many years so I think its a bit discourteus of noth the club and the OSC to not answer his questions

Comment

I am not disputing that in anyway.

Its the malcious way an investigation seems to be taking place on the people who run the OSC.

Two different points in my opinion.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

The club have placed the OSC in an invidious position where they just can't win.

One the one hand, like it or not, they are the official conduit for liaison with the wider fan base. On the other, the pressure is on as they are unelected and unrepresentative of this wider base. They need to be totally transparent and seek to represent to the club the views of the fan base. You can't limit this to ST holders or members. I know many long term loyal fans who simply can't afford those commitments. We aren't a fanbase who discriminate by disposable income .

Interesting times.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                      The club have placed the OSC in an invidious position where they just can't win.

One the one hand, like it or not, they are the official conduit for liaison with the wider fan base. On the other, the pressure is on as they are unelected and unrepresentative of this wider base. They need to be totally transparent and seek to represent to the club the views of the fan base. You can't limit this to ST holders or members. I know many long term loyal fans who simply can't afford those commitments. We aren't a fanbase who discriminate by disposable income .

Interesting times.
                      Well said Nodge and some excellent points made

Comment

I Doubt the club treat any group with any real respect. You could tell by the lack of a Parade just what the club feel about the fans. As I said, the club decided at the start of 2010 season to have no more meeting with any groups.

To be fair we have shot ourselves in the foot in the past. We have groups which have even divided. Take a strong group like the LSA, used to have unity. A few years ago a splinter group developed, partly because the head spokesman at the time, would say how he felt and not how the LSA members felt. You have too many egos for any single group to be effective in talks with the club. THE LSA are only now grouping again to be a strong force

Take of for example the OSC, the slight idea they might be in talks with the club (they are not) leads to arguments on what they are actually trying to achieve.

Shame, but we have too many groups to be effective in making the club actually act. We cannot even agree on the basics.

Comment

For those who wish, you're obviously free to read the "updates" from the Club apparatchik re "QPR Report" and the role of the OSC.

I'll just cite just one:
                          Pete, June 25: "...Some are under illusions the OSC is some kind of spokes group for the fan base. .They are not and never been an orgnisation who speak on behalf of a group or all of the fan base."
                          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...429#post641429

June 3rd QPR-OSC Joint Statement: "The meeting also highlighted the importance of the OSC as a mouthpiece for the fans....encourage the fans to contact the OSC with any topics they would like discussed. ...The Club hopes that other supporters groups will also be able to hold regular meetings with the OSC, in order to allow the OSC to better communicate their views to us."

Anyway my posts are all out there on this board or on the blog

QPR Report Blog - June 25: Update re The QPR Official Supporters Club (OSC)

- Three weeks ago, the club and the Official Supporters Club(OSC) announced in a joint statement that they had met. Various questions were subsequently asked about the Official Supporters Club. (See below some "Open Questions" below)

The club have now responded to a questioner and have promised that minutes of the meeting will be posted on Monday, June 26.

According to another QPR Report poster: the following seven people make up the Committee of the Official Supporters Club:
                          - Karen Hampshire
                          - Zach Hampshire
                          - Brian Ahearne
                          - Linda Favell
                          - Rebecca Favell
                          - Brian Patterson
                          - Simon Patterson
                          Ian Stenning

QPR and the Official Supporters Club: Some Open Questions

Two weeks ago, (June 3rd) QPR and the QPR Official Supporters Club (OSC) issued a joint statement about the OSC meeting with Club Representatives about among other things, ticket prices. The joint statement went on to say "The meeting also highlighted the importance of the OSC as a mouthpiece for the fans. It was agreed that moving forward, the OSC would continue to meet frequently and will aim to meet monthly with the Club to discuss any issues or concerns that the fans might have. The Club proposes to publish a reminder of the upcoming meeting a week in advance and encourage the fans to contact the OSC with any topics they would like discussed. A summary of the points of discussion and the agreed next steps will be made available on the Club website following each meeting. The Club hopes that other supporters groups will also be able to hold regular meetings with the OSC, in order to allow the OSC to better communicate their views to us."

As others have noted, the OSC Constitution sets out certain things and a number of questions have been asked re the Official Supporters Club and how things are run. And a letter to the OSC was sent from 30+ fans, meeting the OSC bylaws. Two weeks later, things remain as unclear as two weeks ago.

So: Four Open Questions to the OSC and the Club (and there are probably quite a few other questions that could be posed.

[Note: These Questions were composed by someone else and were sent to the club several days ago. Thus far, the questions have yet to be answered.]

1) What was the response by the club to the OSC comments regarding the incredible rises in the cost of season tickets?

2) When will the minutes of the meeting be published?

3) As a member of the OSC (by being a ST holder) please could you inform me as to whom the representatives are?

4) How are the representatives of the OSC elected?

- The Official Supporters Club (OSC) Website
                          - The Official Supporters Club (OSC) Constitution

- See Also: QPR Report Blog June 7- The Club's Effort to "Syphon" Access Through Its Designated Fan Group
                          "Queen's Park Rangers today posted on its Official Site an announcement regarding its meeting with the Official Supporters Club (OSC). The club reaffirms its desire to control/syphon access to the club via its "Official" Supporters Club - rather than groups such as LSA or Indys or the various QPR fan sites....

Comment

Who voted Ian Stenning as supporter of the year??????????
                            They seek him here.................

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                              Taken from Report's site............

The OSC Committee (ALLEGEDLY)
                              Karen Hampshire
                              Zach Hampshire
                              Brian Ahearne
                              Linda Favell
                              Rebecca Favell
                              Brian Patterson
                              Simon Patterson
                              Ian Stenning

Simon Patterson was the only one not at the meeting with Joe Kyle on June 3rd
                              ALLEGEDLY.

Now what a surprise...........Ian Stenning was the Supporter of the Year at the player of the year do..........you couldn't make it up!

An absolute farce and a joke.
                              How do you become supporter of the year? What a ridiculous award. Is it the supporter who got the most beers in? Or are they somehow judging who sings the loudest. Also, what is the point of it!??

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                                How do you become supporter of the year? What a ridiculous award. Is it the supporter who got the most beers in? Or are they somehow judging who sings the loudest. Also, what is the point of it!??

I do think some fans go beyond the call of the duty than a lot of other fans so deserve some recognition.

This year it was given to someone who is an unelected person of a mouthpiece for the club
                                First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Working...
                                X