Championship football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Championship football

It really is awful. League 1 2 and conference there really is very little difference to the championship. Newcastle still don't look great but it was a given they'd bounce back up. When we got relegated a few boosted it up but the standard of football had really dropped off. The days of an adel pass and routledge finish have well and truely gone. Yes its unpredictable which is a plus but what let's it down is the fact the team that comes out top plays slightly less sh it. I am a massive premiership fan and I love watching how spurs play and the excitement they bring to the table. It's no surprise that attendance's have dropped as its supposed to be at least a slight form of entertainment. The line who do you support, rangers, oh don't don't like football couldn't be nearer the truth. Used to do 15 home games a season lucky to do 1 or 2. Yes you can say bugger off but thousands have agreed. Sad times and those days in the 80's and 90's are well gone. Hope you back Holloway because you can't focus the blame on him.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Agree that the standard has dropped weare, would also lay that comment at the PL too. Think the English teams lack of progress in the CL says it all really.
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
      Agree that the standard has dropped weare, would also lay that comment at the PL too. Think the English teams lack of progress in the CL says it all really.
      Totally agree with regards to the pl but at least you have match winners/flair players. The championship is completely void of this type of player.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Agree, there are some great players in the PL, Spurs are one of the shining light.
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

There's some data to back the fact that the only noticeable difference between championship and conference football is fitness effects. Watching how teams play, it's not surprising to be honest.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Imo though we're at our level really as sad as it is. I dont want us to throw money at the club again on champions league winners, id love to be a bournemouth or southampton type club in the long run

Comment

Standards dropped, this seasons is the worst ive ever seen, yet our manager managed to lose 12 games on the trot in two different spurts. Bodes well for the future.

Comment

We must be really s.hit then

Comment

Rather the championship, less nip pretenders. Premiership is full of ya Fulham types, jumper over shoulders type upstarts.
                  Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Agree OP this is a woeful league. Why so many wanted us relegated from Prem for this baffles me

Surely relegation battle in Prem trumps Relegation battle in the championship watching Burton, Rotherham, Wigan or Barnsley etc

Comment

I think the standard of football in general in this country has plummeted. Apart from a few players the standard is appalling
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Agree OP this is a woeful league. Why so many wanted us relegated from Prem for this baffles me

Surely relegation battle in Prem trumps Relegation battle in the championship watching Burton, Rotherham, Wigan or Barnsley etc
                        Even worse - watching Burton, Rotherham, and Barnsley actually beating us.... Now that is truly appalling.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                          I think the standard of football in general in this country has plummeted. Apart from a few players the standard is appalling
                          Too much 'total football'

That's why i've found myself enjoying watching Liverpool and Spurs, until recently.

Teams too afraid to lose.

They've forgotten what it means to entertain. For all Man United and Fergie's faults, they were good to watch.

Comment

at the end of the day i want to be entertained there are times when i'm at LR or i've travelled up north i ask myself what am i doing here . i constantly ask myself do i want to watch us play in the PL as we can't compete in it . i watched barca v psg a while ago suarez and cavani were embarrassing throwing themselves to the ground as if they'd been shot by a sniper and then brandishing cards at the ref's trying to get players booked or sent off . i don't want to watch that kind of football from pampered millionaire cheats . give me lower league and their loyal fans any day of the week

Comment

Leicester and Burnley i.e have no primadonnas in their teams, and they are playing premiership fotball. I sincerely hope we will play in the prem one day.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X